Specialist at Recruitment Firm
Views:432 Applications:61 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
VP - Change Execution Risk - BFS/IT (14-20 yrs)
The Opportunity: (Brief Overview of the Role)
The role holder will work within the Wealth and Personal Banking ORR team supporting the WPB Change Execution Risk Steward team. The role holder will have responsibility for providing Change Execution Risk subject matter expertise, advice, guidance, and effective challenge to the First Line of Defence. Specific responsibilities supporting the WPB Change Execution Risk Steward will cover:
- Oversight of Controls: The role holder will support the WPB Risk Steward understand how well change is governed, planned, delivered, and how well change impacts are identified and managed in the Business. Example oversight activities will include:
- Leading the analysis of KPIs related to Change Execution controls to form an opinion on the level of adherence to the Change Framework.
- Conducting sample reviews of control monitoring plans
- Undertake a regular assessment of Risks, Issues and dependencies to identify portfolio thematic risks
- Providing advice and guidance on portfolio risks and issues
- Undertaking periodic thematic reviews of specific controls to assess adherence, e.g. annual review of WPB Change Inventory, sample based reviews of the quality of completed NFR & Conduct Impact Assessments
- Report findings from reviews to WPB risk and change governance forums
- Provide Change Execution oversight of High Impact WPB Change Initiatives. The role holder will support the WPB Risk Steward in their oversight responsibilities for higher impact change initiatives within the Business throughout their lifecycle. At key points during the delivery of high impact change initiatives, the role holder will engage with the initiative teams and:
- Review Initiative / Business case approvals and related delivery plans.
- Conduct reviews of change initiative RAID logs, ensuring that execution risks and issues have been identified, have robust mitigation plans and required timely escalation for support in resolution.
- Monitor and review/ provide 2LOD advice and guidance ahead of Business readiness and release go-live checkpoints.
- Review and challenge proposed risk acceptances, for example at release of transition to BAU activities.
- For specific initiatives, the role holder may also complete ORR's review and challenge of the 1LOD identification and management of the NFR impacts of change through delivery.
- Risk Policy: support the cascade of Change Execution Risk policy requirements and guidelines in WPB. Monitor policy compliance and mobilize operational risk education initiatives in response to learning needs
- RCA Execution: support the cascade of design requirements associated with the Change Execution Risk Taxonomy and Control Library within the Business. Recommend RCA scoping principles and challenge where this is not appropriately applied in WPB. Provide advice, review and challenge throughout the RCA process (for WPB Change Execution RCA(s)). Support the first line of Defence with their execution of trigger event management.
- Reporting and Capital Management: support 2LOD reporting on the Change Execution RCA(s) for WPB, including impacts of external environment changes, emerging risks and changes to the business strategy. Sample review and challenge 1LOD risk reporting where there are discrepancies or misalignments with Risk Steward-produced/inputted reporting, and escalate where required. Support execution of Capital Management, Scenario Analysis and Stress Testing processes as required for WPB.
- The role holder will work closely with key change management stakeholders in Company WPB including, WPB Transformation teams, relevant initiative sponsors and delivery leads; Operational and Resilience Risk teams and the broader NFR Risk Steward community.
- Helping with the communication of Change Execution Risk policy changes to Risk Owners and BSOs in WPB and review dispensations
- Supporting education and policy oversight, challenging and guiding Risk Owners, Control Owners and BSOs in WPB to ensure adherence to policy
- Input towards 2LOD opinions on the risks posed by the WPB change portfolio and associated initiatives
- Change Execution control weaknesses / issues escalated through risk governance for resolution, supported by 2LOD
- Works closely with the WPB Risk Steward for Change Execution Risk to support and input towards risk oversight practices
- Helps to influence and provides guidance and direction to COOs, Heads of Transformation, Portfolio teams, Change Initiative sponsors and Chief Control Officers in WPB to fulfil their roles and responsibilities to manage their Change Execution Risk(s)
- Supports the WPB Risk Steward in partnering with business leads across the organization, helping to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor, report and govern Change Execution risks
- Helping to ensure key Non-Financial Risk reports and governance (including escalations) adhere to requirements of both the Risk and Change Management Frameworks.
- Input towards enhancements released in the Change Framework and associated Change Execution controls
- Early reporting / escalation to senior management of identified Resilience risks and issues
- Evidence of assisting 1LOD teams to identify and mitigate significant risks and resolve control deficiencies
- Monitoring of progress and actions to ensure timely resolution, transparency and swift escalation
- Maintaining a commercial understanding without compromising standards of internal control and organizational risk appetite as we seek to execute change at pace
- Influencing strategies and approaches with practical and effective commercial solutions through a comprehensive assessment of Non-Financial Risk within risk appetite
- Using experience and expertise to aiding in the mitigation of risk exposure and proactively engage with 1LOD and other Risk Stewards and Resilience Risk Specialists
- Maintaining independence of thought and lateral thinking to assist in optimizing the level of business control and maximizing efficiency
- Graduate/Post Graduate
- Experience of 14+ yrs. in Non-Financial Risk across the Three Lines of Defence
- Experience of delivery or oversight of transformation in a 1LOD or 2LOD capacity
- Good experience in Change Management Framework such as regulatory change, technology change
- Good Program/Project Management experience of various change projects
- Relevant certification such as PRINCE2 Certification would an added advantage
- Understanding of retail and private banking products and processes, and an appreciation of the risk characteristics / profile therein is an added advantage
- Experience in dealing with complex problems by adopting a pragmatic approach, identifying and prioritizing core requirements and translating them into a clear set of required activities that address the problem essential
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills to be able to identify and present complex issues and build relationships with key internal & external stakeholders and be able to challenge and influence their decisions
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.