VP - Business Intelligence Application - Big Data - Bulge Bracket Investment Bank (8-15 yrs)
The platform is one of a kind initiative aimed at transforming the information management paradigm at the Investment Bank. It aims at evolving traditional business intelligence applications into state of the art information access system with ability to search and retrieve information from enterprise databases, reporting engines, document repositories, standard web applications and other forms of content available; embracing the cutting edge semantic web and natural language processing technologies. The platform is to be delivered on Web and Mobile delivery channels with support for standard reports, dashboards and self-service tools to create custom views. We are building a team of innovative and enthusiastic technologists to accomplish this game changing corporate goal.
Job Purpose: The purpose of the job is to design, develop and test Business Intelligence modules on top of big data technologies in the area of Information Management.
This reports to the Application development Manager globally and the Application development Lead locally.
- Ownership and responsibility for end-to-end delivery
- Ensure process compliance and manage expectations of various stake-holders
- Provide technical guidance, develop the team and increase productivity
- Deep knowledge of Java, J2EE, Big Data, Business Intelligence, design patterns and databases
- Experience coordinating with teams across the globe
- Experience creating design document, UML, coordinating with stake-holders, QA team and infrastructure teams towards on-time delivery and testing
- Expert level knowledge in Web Servers such as WebSphere, Tomcat and Unix
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Good understanding of Risk and Finance, BI tools is a plus
- Excellent opportunity to learn senior management reporting cutting across global functions, related analytics, reporting methodologies for a large global bank.
- Opportunity to learn/ add domain skill in the area of finance, risk and management reporting.
- Opportunity to DIRECTLY work for one of the best Technology teams on Wall Street.
- Should have experience of implementing enterprise level Java Development projects - at least two end to end cycles using a stack of related technologies.
- Should have at least 8 - 10 years of experience
- Proven leader in development and delivery of technology projects with 8 to 10 years of experience in a leadership role in software development using Java/J2EE, and Business Intelligence applications using proven open source or Vendor products like Platfora, Microstrategy, Tableau etc. with a big data backend.
- Proven experience in handling design and development of Risk and Finance dashboard application that provides sensitive data to senior management.
- Experience needed in delivering high quality software in an agile environment, mentor and guide the team in resolving technical issues,
review code and involve in hands on development while adhering to company policies.
- Solid experience needed in Java, J2EE, Big Data (Hadoop, HDFS, MPP databases on Hadoop like Greenplum or Impala, Spark, Yarn, Docker, Mesos, HBASE, Cassandra Or Similar Architectures) Web services, databases and Web application development, ability to plan, schedule, co-ordinate and deliver in a fast paced agile environment.
First class degree with excellent academic qualifications. B.Tech. in Comp science, IT, or other engineering disciplines from a reputed institute with relevant work experience.
- Good change management discipline
- Team work
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand domain concepts
- Ability to mentor team members technically
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.