HR Execitive at V-Konnect Associates
Views:729 Applications:31 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
VP/AVP - Corporate Affairs - Steel/Metal/Manufacturing (20-25 yrs)
Key Deliverables/Responsibilities :
- Initiate, manage and deliver a corporate communications strategy to develop the organization's reputation, brand and relationships, with a clear identity and high levels of goodwill and understanding amongst the various stakeholder groups and wider audiences.
- Developing and ensuring the tactical management of our relationships and strategies for influencing the Government and the media.
- Strategic advisory communications function to Director and Management Board, supporting them in their roles as ambassadors for the organisation.
- Accountable for reputation management for the organisation,identifying and prioritizing emerging issues and handling in a timely fashion.
Business Planning and Development :
- Manage the business planning/ transformation process and facilitate the development and implementation of integrated work programmes for the organisation.
- Oversee key performance indicators and outcome specifications for the organisation through liaison with the Director and the preparation of quarterly progress updates for the Management Board.
- Manage systems to facilitate successful delivery of products/ projects including project planning mechanisms, monitoring and evaluation systems, budget management systems, quality assurance systems and contract management systems.
- Data Analysis to enable effective financial accounting and management.
Governance and Compliance :
- Maintain sound corporate governance and risk management strategy for the organisation to ensure the highest level of accountability in the organization's decision making processes.
- Review all corporate governance arrangements that might affect the organisation and ensure that Management Board is fully briefed on these matters and the implications.
- Ensure that the organisation is compliant with data protection, freedom of information and human rights matters.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
- Direct the development or implementation of compliance-related policies and procedures throughout an organization.
- Liaison with government authorities like Labour Department, Electricity & Pollution Board, Central Excise, Sales Tax and Municipal Corporation.
- Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards.
- Advise management on the implementation or operation of compliance programs.
Policy and Procedures :
- Initiate and maintain a policy role and function reflective of the aims and objectives of the organisation and of its essential departments.
- Produce thought leadership and other policy direction reports and initiatives.
- Respond to a wide range of consultations and reports within the context of the policy of the organisation and its aims and objectives.
Management Advisory Services (MAS) :
- Contribute to the delivery of the Board's financial and legal responsibilities and objectives.
- Produce annual work plans and budgets linked to the organization's strategic objectives.
- Advise and guide the Management Board on its corporate and governance responsibilities.
- Produce the organization's business plan and associated budget and compile annual and other statutory reports and returns in liaison with professional advisors as appropriate.
Liaison/ Effective Work Relationship (Internal and External) :
Work with the Director and Management Board to establish and develop influential relationships with :
- A range of external professional advisors including business, legal and financial
- Professional Group Chairs and Members
- Companies House and related statutory bodies
- Statutory and regulatory bodies in the Environment, Health & Safety.
Team Management and Leadership :
- Develop an effective team by providing leadership, motivation and support to the team.
- Recruit, select, develop and retain appropriate team members.
- Cultivate a cohesive, creative, and comfortable working environment, mediating any interpersonal issues within the team.
- Ensure that all members understand the team's objectives and work together to achieve it. Constant monitoring to ensure that everyone is working towards the same goal.
- Energetic instigator of change, leading by personal example.
Education/ Desired Profile :
- MBA with a leadership role in a global communications and public affairs function in a global, progressive enterprise and 20 - 25 yrs of experience in Steel/ Metal/ Manufacturing industry.
- Workforce management of more than 500 employees in a manufacturing unit, experience of handling union, stake holder management.
- Comfortable presenting content to a range of audiences, including policymakers, public and the media.
- Skilled at networking and network-building; a strong commitment to partnership-working.
- An open and participative style with excellent leadership/communication skills and commercial acumen.
- Mature individual with ability to deal with Top Management as well as Senior Government Representatives.
- Strong intellectual skills, track record of innovative thinking, analysis and practical activity.
- Management experience in a complex organisation, experience of organizational change.
- Knowledge of government's social audit and health policy issues, politically aware.
- Capable of innovating and developing business growth and quality improvement.
- Proven track record in managing partnerships and relationships across multiple initiatives.
- Highest degree of integrity, professionalism and discretion required.
- Creativity and a flair for new initiatives.
- Experience of delivering high-level and complex projects.
- Budget and financial management skills.
- Proficient in using SAP, MS Office and other related software's.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.
Mob: (+91) 8802366253 I Tel: (+91) 1244307624
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.