VP - Application Developer Senior Manager - Institutional Clients Group (9-19 yrs)
Job Title: Apps Dev Sr. Manager
Business/Function: Institutional Clients Group (ICG)
Division: TTS Technology
C Level / Corporate Title - C13 / Vice President
Reporting to: Analytics Practice Lead
Treasury and Trade Solutions group is built on the power of our network. We have offices in 101 countries, servicing clients in 160 countries, transacting on over 140 currencies, servicing 81% of the Global Fortune 500 companies and processing over 3 trillion dollars a day in payments.
The role will be responsible to execute the global plan to build a strong development team for TTS-Analytics organization and represents an opportunity for a qualified candidate to be involved in exciting analytics projects for our business.
We are seeking a manager to lead the Analytics team comprising of Enterprise reporting, predictive analytics, data as a service and web applications. The successful candidate will interact with the Analytics practice lead, business partners, the development, testing, and production support teams, as well as other departments such as the System Administrators, Database Administrators, Data Centre Operations, and Change Control groups for TTS platforms.
He/she requires exceptional communication skills across both technology and the business and will have a high degree of visibility. The candidate will be a rigorous technical lead with a strong understanding of how to build scalable, enterprise level global applications
The ideal candidate will be dependable and resourceful software professional who can comfortably work in a large development team in a globally distributed, dynamic work environment that fosters diversity, teamwork and collaboration. The ability to work in high pressured environment is essential.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership of multiple large scale/complex Analytics solutions
- Managing teams of permanent employees and vendors from 10 - 40 developers in size
- Build and sustain strong relationships with the senior business leaders associated with the platform
- Work with onsite partners to ensure design and coding best practices.
- Work closely with Program Management and Quality Control teams to deliver quality software to agreed project schedules.
- Proactively notify Development Project Manager of risks, bottlenecks, problems, issues, and concerns.
- Compliance with System Development Lifecycle and Information Security requirements.
- Oversee development scope, budgets, time line documents
- Monitor, update and communicate project timelines and milestones; obtain senior management feedback; understand potential speed bumps and client's true concerns/needs.
- Understanding technology industry trends, how they impact our future solutions and provide strategic direction for the development community.
- Managing time and changing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to provide quick turnaround to software issues and management requests
- Ability to assimilate key issues and concepts and come up to speed quickly
Qualifications and Competencies
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
- Minimum 15 years of application design and development experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in leading globally distributed teams successfully
- Demonstrated people and technical management skills
- Experience in working with Analytics Tools such as Microstrategy, Qlikview, Tableau or similar and ETL tools such as AbInitio or Talend.
- Experience with Predictive Analytics techniques.
- Advanced analytics capability is a preferred skill, ideally experience with SAS, SPSS, R or similar
- Experience developing solutions involving ETL and Big Data concepts
- High degree of numeracy, comfortable with statistical and mathematical concepts and terminology
- Experience in building enterprise transaction based system with focus on recovery, stability, reliability, scalability and performance.
- Demonstrated capability translating business questions into data problems and applying analytical methodologies to resolve
- Strong Database experience (DB2/Oracle/SQL)
- Experience developing SOA and writing/consuming web services
- Understanding of internetworking concepts, firewall, communication protocols is a plus
- Experience in using Open Source technology
- Knowledge of Web security framework
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated sense of responsibility and capability to deliver quickly
- Excellent communication skills. Clearly articulating and documenting technical and functional specifications is a key requirement.
- Proactive problem-solver
- Relationship builder and team player
- Negotiation, difficult conversation management and prioritization skills
- Flexibility to handle multiple complex projects and changing priorities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Good analytical and business skills
- Promotes teamwork and builds strong relationships within and across global teams
- Promotes continuous process improvement especially in code quality, testability & reliability
- Experience in Financial industry
- Experience with Predictive Analytics techniques.
- Advanced analytics capability is a preferred skill, ideally experience with SAS, Python, R or similar
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience developing Java, J2EE web applications.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.