HR at Vodafone Idea Limited
Views:1030 Applications:169 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Vodafone Idea - Vice President - Transformation & Innovation Pipeline - Tech Business Strategy (18-25 yrs)
- Lead Pipeline, Innovation and portfolio analysis, alternatives evaluation, Functional, Financial and Business viabilities evaluation and strategic prioritisation while understanding market differentiators
- Define the short-term (1-2years) & long-term (3-5years) strategy & roadmap for all Telecom technology domains across all product lines
- Financial investment analysis, Business case development in line with Business Strategy, RoI analysis and presentation of the Business case to key decision stakeholders. Handholding key strategic business use cases and initiatives for implementation.
- Partner with business teams to define new efficient business models/propositions
- Inculcate unconstrained thought process to innovate thru "fry fast fail fast" methods
- White paper on potential business exploits of an emerging technologies
- Lead in RFP/RFQ/RFI preparations, vendor proposal and reviews, ensure technologies selected are future fit.
- Strategy & strategic initiatives - Conceptualize, define and enable strategic initiatives considering the following structure:
a. Monetization - enhance existing & create new revenue streams
b. Technology adoption - evaluate cutting edge technologies such as AI, ML, IOT, Blockchain etc. from a perspective of relevant product initiatives to ensure "ahead of the curve"
c. Market competitiveness - Study competitor product decisions and adoption to predict roadmaps and strategies
d. Technology replication - Define policies to re-use/replicate existing solutions for a wider use
e. Cloud adoption - design initiatives to ensure adoption of public, software based cloud solutions
Liaise with specific business teams to ensure that technology strategy is in sync with business goals.
Develop & present strategic initiatives and subsequent advantages in quantitative/qualitative formats to senior leadership team
- Architectural initiatives - Create and apply architectural initiatives considering the following framework:
a. Open industry standards ensuring global compliance
b. Resilient, redundant & reliable allowing business continuity
c. Modular based on micro-services for portability to software cloud
d. Simple, cost-effective with no vendor monopolies
Create architectural "check-points" in all processes ensuring strict adherence to pre-defined principles by all relevant stakeholders.
Design forums such as "Architecture Review Boards" to ensure regular feedback and reviews are enabled.
- POCs & Pilots - Generate "Proof" to validate ideas and check their efficacy in real life environments.
a. Conduct conceptual validations to ensure that strategic initiatives move from the drawing board to valid business cases
b. Interact with cross-functional teams - product technology, product marketing, corporate strategy, implementation (w.r.t. harnessing ecosystem) etc. to ensure an overall sync w.r.t. final goals
c. Manage & utilize test labs from a POC perspective
- Action oriented awareness of trends, technologies & market dynamics w.r.t. products & services
a. Attend/conduct forums, knowledge management sessions with identified partners and vendor/consultant reviews
b. Market research with valid agencies to ensure that information of cutting edge technologies is always available from a perspective of creating strategic initiatives
c. Thought leadership - whitepapers, IPRs, patents etc.
- RFIs/RFQs - Conduct vendor evaluations for specific strategic initiatives. Ensure the right choice of vendors/partners for pre-identified concepts so that the RFP and subsequent deployment process is smooth and effective.
- Design & conduct workshops/initiatives to generate ideas and foster a culture of out-of-the-box thinking. Some of these initiatives could be Start-up forums, innovation workshops etc.