HR at Vodafone Idea Limited
Views:3126 Applications:677 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:37
Vodafone Idea - Vice President - Employee Relations/Corporate HR (10-15 yrs)
Job Purpose :
The Purpose of the role is to create a culture of a respectful workplace; mitigate organization risks and provide an environment of Trust. The incumbent will lead the Employee Relations (ER) function and will be responsible for facilitating employee relations, resolving ER issues, conducting investigations, ensuring compliance with employment laws, various regulations and thereby proactively mitigate organizational risks. This role requires the incumbent to work closely with internal stakeholders (Legal, Fraud Risk & Security (FRS) teams and various other business stakeholders functions for ER and Compliance related matters of Vodafone Idea Ltd.
Key Result Areas/Accountabilities :
1. Develop employee relations strategy, policy and practices :
- Conduct and manage ER related compliance and investigations, consistent with employee relations protocol and case management practices for successful resolution
- Support Business through end-to-end disciplinary and grievance case management, employment policy and process counsel and to ensure functions/Clusters are able to effectively inculcate a conducive and compliant work environment.
2. Partner with key stakeholders in executing ER strategy :
- Partner with Legal and FRS teams and outside agencies (if required) to carry out planned, comprehensive and timely investigations including closeout and reporting of matters across a cross-section of stakeholders.
- Liaise with Legal team to ensure legal risks are fully considered and to ensure consistency of advice and guidance to business.
- Ensure appropriate management of disciplinary policy as per COC/Laws basis principles of natural justice.
- Take just and reasonable calls on execution of disciplinary cases basis consequence management decision guidelines
3. Create and Enhance a robust mechanism of ER reporting :
- Enhance employee relations investigation by way of communication, awareness plan workflow, systems and processes to enable efficient case management, make recommendations for process efficiencies and opportunities.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of all ER cases and investigations and report-out a MIS on a consistent frequency
4. Employee Relations Capability build :
- Ensure capacity and capability build of HR Team across clusters by way of various learning and development initiatives through internal programs, external programs, Seminars and knowledge sharing sessions.
Core Competencies, Knowledge & Experience :
- In depth knowledge of employment law and employee relations practices and their contribution to business success
- Experience of creating and implementing employee relations interventions that have a demonstrable impact on organisational success
- Ability to build relationships and communicate at all levels within an organisation
- Flexible approach to problem solving, balancing policy, best practice, legal and business issues to provide pragmatic solutions
- Credible expert with the ability to influence; evidenced through delivery and up to date knowledge
- Substantial knowledge and experience in ER issues covering negotiation and consultation (as required), a breadth of activities, and best in class practices and policies.
- This is a collaborative position in the HR field, so people with a passion for creative conflict resolution and a knack for negotiation will thrive in this role.
Must have Technical/Professional Qualifications :
- Master's Degree in HR
- Knowledge of Labour Law - Professional Qualification will be preferred
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience
- 3 -5 years in Managing ER relations role, Labour Case Management will be preferred