HR at Vodafone Idea
Views:3996 Applications:177 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
Vodafone Idea - Taxation Role - CA (2-4 yrs)
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Job Title : Taxation
Reports to : Hofo
Function : Finance
Sub-function : Tax
Key Purpose of the Job (Position Summary) :
- Compliance of Direct and Indirect taxes for circle and legal entity,
- Ensuring timely accurate deposition of tax, return filing
- Handling Assessments and Audit (internal and external), appeals, co ordinating for replying all statutory notices received from various tax authorities (Service Tax, Income Tax, Transfer Pricing, Vat, CST, LBT, PT).
- Compliances w.r.t. Regulatory : quarterly deposition of LF/WPC, Audit, DOT assessment etc.
Key Result Areas :
- Timely filing the statutory Returns ( Service tax (Half Yearly), Vat CST Return (Monthly), WCT TDS (yearly), LBT (yearly), ETDS return (Quarterly), Income Tax (Yearly), Wealth Tax (Yearly), Transfer pricing (Yearly). Review the monthly working of Service tax, Income Tax, TDS, Vat, CST, WCT TDS and LBT and co ordinating with SSC circle for timely deposition of tax.
Audit compliance : Tax Audit, Vat Audit, Transfer Pricing audit and corporate Reporting, External audit and survey (Service Tax, Vat and TDS), Account reconciliation of taxes and regulatory.
Reporting : reporting of statutory compliance report, group Tax pack and other tax related information to corporate tax team. Updating and reporting Direct and Indirect litigation status of VCL
- Compliance of Assessment and Refunds ( Income tax assessments, transfer pricing assessment and Income Tax Refunds). Filing of Appeal for all the statutory orders received from the department (Income Tax, TDS, Service Tax, VAT) Filing reply for all notices and SCN received from the department (Service Tax, Income Tax, TDS)
- Ensure Regulatory Compliances of quarterly submission of AGR statement and Licence Fee and WPC payment to DOT. AGR Audit and Assessment with minimum disallowance
Key Functions & Responsibilities :
- Co-ordinating with the team for implementing all changes related to Tax
- Review of processes & proactively highlighting opportunities for savings / better compliance
- Ensure tax flow saving through obtaining NIL withholding certificate in time, co ordinating for filing Income tax refund submission of Rebate claim.
- Ensuring all tax compliances on time to avoid interest and penalty payments.
- Ensuring completion of internal and external audit with minimum /no observations
- Ensuring all notices are replied on time and appeals are filing within stipulated period prescribed as per the law.
- Ensuring all deduction proof and documents are submitted with the DOT to avoid any disallowances
- Regular review of open cases & proactive engagement to work towards closure
Daily/Weekly and mid-month Business KPIs :
- Ensure timely deposition of taxes, return and details with the various authorities.
- Compliance as per Corporate guidelines, reporting of statutory compliance report, group Tax pack and other tax related information to corporate tax team.
- Review of old advances & initiate actions for recovery of the same.
- Variance analysis of tax and regulatory accounts and reconciliation of tax accounts (service tax, TDS receivable etc)
- Co ordinating for all TDS related quarries and resolving the same eg : correct Tax rate to be applied to non resident payment and etds issue etc
People Management :
- Keep the finance function informed about the Tax amendments changes which can have an impact on the statutory compliances and business.
- Representing VF while dealing with various statutory and regulatory authorities.
Internal Relationships :
Role Department - Frequency of Interaction - Purpose of the Interaction :
Corporate Tax - frequent - Assessment, audit, reply to inquiries etc
SSC frequent - Monthly - compliances, Return and data for audit and assessment
Cross function - medium - Updating the tax changes and implementing the same in system, educating the impact of changes and resolving issues faced
External Relationships :
External Agency - Frequency of Interaction - Purpose of the Interaction :
Service Tax - Need Based - Rebate claim filing, inquiries, audit, appeals hearings
Income tax - Need Based - Inquiries/demand notices, survey, assessment, appeal hearing,
DOT - Need Based - AGR Assessment
Consultants - frequent - Assessment, appeal filing and hearing, reply to inquiries
Key Skills/Experience Required :
- Preferably from a telecom background, ideally someone who understand telecom complexities
- Chartered accountant with 4-5 years of experience in the areas of direct and indirect taxes
- Experience in dealing with the authorities and attended hearing with the authorities till the level of commissioner
- Sound knowledge in tax and drafting replies and good communication, presentation and interpersonal skill to deal tactfully with the departmental authorities.
- Time management ability to deal various issues at a time without any lapses on compliance part.
- Ability to work with and manage inter-functional teams without direct reporting relationships.
Job Dimensions :
Financial Dimensions :
- Enable the circle to improve on tax cash flow savings as per budget
- Drive improvement in process to avoid any tax lapses
Non Financial Dimensions :
- Be an effective and valued tax personal to update the tax changes to finance and cross function team.
- Liaise with SSC for getting TDS receivable and Cenavt account reconciled on regular intervals.
Key Challenges of the Job :
- Coordination with VCL circles for getting various details(audit/assessment) on time for consolidation and timely submissions.
- To get support from cross function for driving tax related projects.
- Dealing with various tax authorities (Service Tax, Income tax, TDS, LBT, VAT, DOT etc).
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.