HR at Vodafone Idea
Views:4014 Applications:169 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Vodafone Idea - Senior Manager - Indirect Tax/Compliance (4-7 yrs)
Role : Sr. Manager - Indirect Tax (Compliances)
Function / Department : Corporate Finance
Location : Mumbai
Job Purpose :
To assist Head of Indirect Tax (Compliances) on various Indirect Tax matters in :
- Managing compliances in relation to indirect taxes across all the circles
- Providing tax advisory support; vet the business agreements, etc. from the indirect tax perspective to Business Groups
- Evaluating tax efficient structuring on various business transactions
- Managing various indirect tax investigations and facilitate closure of the same
- Implementing changes on account of changes in Goods and Service Tax (GST)
- To build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders, legal counsels and tax consultants.
Key Result Areas/Accountabilities :
A. To manage indirect tax compliance advisory and, which includes :
- Keeping track of compliances being done by Telecom circles, SSC tax team and other non telco entities
- Liaising with the consultants, SSC and process teams regarding the various IT/ GSTN/ data challenges encountered in GST return filing and to expedite the process in order to meet the return deadlines
- Review of the reply to notices/letters and other submissions to be made by circles and group entities with the tax authorities
- Liaising with SSC tax on all indirect tax processes and requirements
B. To provide assistance in decision making, which includes :
- Liaising with Circle and SSC for generating information for any indirect tax related decision making
- Assisting National Head of Indirect tax in providing technical advice to Circles and Shared Service Centre
- Reviewing tax publications for decisions and rulings, changes in legislation and assesses its application and implications to group entities
C. To provide assistance in supporting the business, which includes :
- Liaising with the business teams
- Providing assistance in tax planning measures to rationalise tax outflow
- Providing assistance in arriving at pan-India consistent approach in respect of all Indirect tax matters
- Providing support in customs matters in terms of advising business on classification, valuation, tax structure on imports
D. To assist in managing relationships to ensure that the relevant contacts have awareness of indirect taxes and the potential impact on the business, which includes undertaking visits, arranged and prioritised according to indirect tax throughput, risk and technical complexity of issues arising
E. Sharing Best Practice, specifically where there are issues that arise within one Circle that may arise within another, and sharing potential solutions
F. Assisting with development and implementation of group-wide tax strategy
Core Competencies, Knowledge, Experience :
- Post qualification experience of minimum 4-7 years- in Big 4 firms, Leading Law Firm / Large Company.
- Sound technical knowledge of Indirect tax.
- Basic knowledge of other taxes and accounting principles.
- A self-starter, takes ownership and initiative, spot opportunities, and drive tax efficient business decisions
Must have technical / professional qualifications : Qualified CA or LL.B with hands on experience in Indirect Tax
Years of Experience : Post qualification experience of minimum 4-7 years in Big 4 firms, Leading Law Firm / Large Company.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.