Vodafone Idea - Senior Data Scientist - VAS/Content/Devices (7-12 yrs)
Key accountabilities and decision ownership :
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Scientist at Vodafone Idea Limited, India's largest telecom company at it's headquarter based in Mumbai. This role in the Big Data and Advanced Analytics group gives an excellent opportunity to solve real business problems working on massive and varied data sets. The Senior Data Scientist will liaise with senior key stakeholders to identify new trends and opportunities to drive innovation, efficiency and commercial value. This is a key role in the group which is an excellent opportunity for building key predictive models and analytics products across verticals in the organization. The responsibility also includes mentoring Data Scientists providing them with technical and project management guidance along with fostering team culture in the group.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience :
- Should have worked on complete lifecycle of ML products (business understanding -> research -> model selection based on business and engineering constraints -> model scaling and deployment)
- Proven expertise with a variety of Machine Learning and Deep Learning techniques across structured and unstructured data sets
- Hands on proficiency in statistical packages and ML libraries (e.g. Python, R, Spark, SQL, Visualization tools)
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop MR, Hive, NoSQL, Spark, Kafka, Graph Databases etc.). Experience working in a Cloud environment is a plus.
- Working knowledge across Marketing / Customer Analytics / Recommendation systems
- Top notch problem-solving skills with excellent communication and storytelling skills
- Ability to work in cross functional teams to translate business issues into potential analytics solutions
Must have technical / professional qualifications :
- Graduate or PG degree in quantitative disciplines like Statistics/ Analytics/ Maths/ Engineering or Operation Research from top ranked universities with exposure to AI/ ML/ Data Mining
- 7-12 years of relevant work experience