Vodafone Idea - Segment Solution Head - Government Solutions - Products/Solutions/Partnerships (10-16 yrs)
Job Purpose :
The Segment solution head is expected to lead a team of solution consultants delivering technical consultancy and pre-sales activities and will be accountable for successful execution of solution strategies, the product positioning in contrast to the competitors and the demonstration of solution led business behavior by deeper engagement with the customers and interpretation of their needs and derivation of advice for prospective solution penetration that are aligned with their business demands.
Accountable for the Business solutions engagement & Governance with the defined customer segment, drive the segment specific priorities to improve the Vodafone Idea revenue market share for the enterprise services across Vodafone Idea product portfolio.
Responsible for providing direction and support for creating unique solutions and response for large RFPs along with the circle solution managers.
Key Result Areas/Accountabilities :
- Lead solution engagement in top accounts to understand their technology roadmap and define solution penetration strategy to grow business.
- Customer RFP evaluations & Qualification - Support the response to all/complex RFP's and technical solutions and build unique / customised propositions ensuring Vodafone wins the RFP.
- Capability Improvement- Chose any one technology domain to become subject matter expert. Assess the capabilities and plan for the developments through self-learning and organisation supported programs.
- Own the solution governance process in the segment for all bespoke & non-standard deals and timely mitigating risks if any
Core Competencies, Knowledge, Experience
- 12+ years of experience in Telecom or IT industry. Sales engineering and operational exposure to technologies like DWDM, Ethernet, IP/MPLS, SD WAN or Core Mobility infrastructure & IOT, SIP, Collaboration & enterprise productivity applications.
- Good understanding of Data Centre, Security, Cloud, IT integration and managed services.
- Senior technical consultancy and customer facing experience at CXO level.
- Affinity to both sales & technology function with good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Analytical & problem solving skills while mentoring large & transformational deals
- Exposure in leading teams & encouraging them to reach their full potential and help the organizations to surpass their goals
- Good listening & learning ability
- Exposure to bid management process with good techno commercial mindset
Must have technical / professional qualifications :
- Engineering Graduate /Post Graduate
- Technology certifications from leading vendors like Cisco/Juniper/ALU etc.
- Process Certifications like Six Sigma, ITIL, ETOM, TL9000 etc.