Corporate HR at Vodafone Idea
Views:1526 Applications:46 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Vodafone Idea - Manager/Lead - National Core IP/MPLS Operations (10-15 yrs)
Role : TL - National Core IP/MPLS Operations
Job Level/ Designation : M2- Manager
Function / Department : Technology - Transport, Central Operation Group
Location : Mumbai
Job Purpose :
- To drive and evolve Vodafone Idea IPMPLS based pan India transport network (spanning across 23 circle) encompassing FLDS/NGN/MSP/DCN/Internet backbone & ever growing 160+ FLDS PoPs, 6 International PoPs, 60+ NLD Voice PoP (NGN) and 13500+ CEN network elements, 250,000+ mobility and other captive customers connectivity, 100G X N MPLS backbone.
- Responsible for National IP/MPLS transport network operationalization, product capability validation, sign off, KPI & SLA benchmarking, develop measures to catapult transport service level SLAs to next level for mobility internet services, products
- Strong Governance mechanism with cross functional team; OEM (Cisco, Juniper, Nokia, and Ericsson); MS partners (Nokia, Ericsson, Huawei) and Leadership team adherence to benchmarks (KPIS, SLAs) and to meet mobility and carrier business SLA expectation.
Key Result Areas/Accountabilities :
- Operation responsibility of IP Transport Network. IP transport services design and operation ownership of all mobility entities like STP, IN, RECC, 2G/3G/4G, MoRAN etc. (Core Service Availability - 99.995)
- Delivery SLA/KPI for IP transport network in line with Vodafone Idea vision.(Network Availability -99.995, Service Availability - 99.995)
- Spare Management and Ensuring fault within MTTR.
- Drive operations excellence for Network & services with stringent SLA compliance by implementing industry best practices, tools and systems. Ensure service performance & quality through service improvement plans and regular service audits.
- Develop relationships with Mobility users to optimize end-user quality of experience. Provide regular updates and forecasts to Planning/CXX Teams on traffic and Quality of Experience metrics. (Speed test Results across- OOKHLA, TRAI)
- Define service performance KPIs and benchmark with industry. Periodic review of SLAs for competitive market offering. Engage with CTO, Transport Operation head periodically for Network/service performance reviews to improve the quality of experience to customers.
- Efficient governance of managed services partner engagement at strategic and operational level to ensure best in class service experience to customers. Governance of OEMs & other off-net service providers.
- Operations (Technology) sign off with product for development & launch of new products/services/solutions SLAs proposed to Mobility Customers
- Quality Management & Optimization - KPIs, Benchmarking and Optimization of IP/MPLS Networks, Service Level SLA, analysis, recommendation and implementation
- Drive digitization for entire IP/MPLS based network and service fulfillment and assurance.
- Develop IP competence across transport vertical to be ahead of curve.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, Experience :
- Experience in implementation, operations & management of data networks and services in large service provider environment.
- Knowledge of service performance KPIs/SLA benchmarking and strategies for continual performance improvement.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in large scale and complex IPMPLS backbone and backhaul network to carry mobility and fixed line services
- Ability to drive operational excellence through standardization and innovation in processes/systems/tools.
- Experience in managing multi service & multivendor (Cisco, Juniper, Huawei etc.) data network.
- Good interaction experience with other service providers/partners, industry technical experts/forums and standards bodies
- Excellent team building capabilities and communication skills.
Must have technical / professional qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; Master's degree is a plus ; certifications in security domain preferred viz CRISC, ISACA,PMI
- Excellent Project Implementation and evaluation capabilities and strong interpersonal skills to get work done from diversified and complex organization structure
- Sound Knowledge of security tools and next generation security practices being rolled out including artificial intelligence
- Automation of security defense systems with detect to block tools
- Strong understanding of complex networks in large enterprise organizations with alignment to stringent process oriented results
- Deep technical understanding of enterprise level IT, web applications, databases, operating systems and networking technologies
Added Clear understanding of :
- Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Content filtering, DDOS, Operating systems, Identity management service, Network & Security design concepts
- Years of Experience 10-15 Years of Experience in Domain (Telecom/IT/OEM ) with 5-7 experience in handling Large Scale Telecom Network Domain
Industry Certification : - ITIL/CCNA/CCNP/CCIE/JNCIA/JNCIP Working knowledge of ITIL Processes
- Experience working with vendors and/or 3rd parties
Industries to look from :- Telecom, IT
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.