HR at Vodafone Idea
Views:3091 Applications:147 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Vodafone Idea - Lead - Legal - Technology/IT/Commercial (6-10 yrs)
Role Lead Legal - Technology, IT, Commercial.
Function / Department : Legal
Location : Mumbai - Corporate Office
Job Purpose :
- To support Head Legal - Transactions and independently handle all legal transactions pertaining to Network Technology, Information Technology and Supply Chain Management. Partner with Team Members of SCM, NWS, &IT, External Vendors/Partners/Suppliers and External Legal Counsels (within rigid business timelines) in broad range of contract negotiation, execution and closure of transactions.
Key Result Areas :
(1) Contract Management :
a) Leading, Negotiating Contracts agreements on behalf the company.
b) Ensure standardizing and digitalization of contracts and agreements by use of Contract Management Software or as per the resources available to mitigate contractual/legal and litigation Risk.
c) Ensure timely execution contract and agreement (including renewals) to protect the entity from Contractual/ legal and litigation Risk.
d) Ensure all contracts and agreements adhere to standard policy requirements of the company (including but not limited to the Delegation of Authority and financial threshold limits if any).
e) Ensure proper maintenance of Contract and Agreement MIS.
f) Participation in a special/integration project(s) (Contract/agreement harmonization, creation of de-novo agreements etc) undertaken by the company if any.
(2) Cross Functional Time Critical Advisory :
a) Issue Cross Functional Time Critical Advisory on Legal, Regulatory and Reputational topics across the full range of transactions and projects under taken by the Company under the current portfolio.
b) Advising cross-functional departments/functions on operational issues and matters having legal implications by interpreting contracts and agreements (rights and obligations) vis--vis the laws of the land, thereby saving the company from Contractual/ legal and litigation Risk (i.e. potential disputes).
(3) Dispute and litigation Support :
a) Ensure timely issuance of due payment notice(s) (penalties/claims) etc
b) Ensure timely issuance of notices (defaults/breaches and reply notice in case of potential disputes/ disputes as per requirements of the contracts and agreements.
c) Ensure provision of information if any required in the lis/disputes being litigated at court.
(4) Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the company under the current portfolio and there by establish best practices.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, Experience :
- Superior ability to analyse, structure and negotiate all elements of the transactions described under this portfolio and should possess strong drafting skills.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively and work with others at all levels of the organization (External Legal Counsels/Partners/Suppliers).
- Strong negotiating skills involving legal and financial/commercial and technological issues.
- An ability and skills to work across business functions, cultures and teams.
- Ability to work independently with no supervision under fast paced environment.
- Good knowledge in Corporate, Business, Civil, and Criminal Laws and keep abreast with ever changing legal and regulatory frame work. Good written, spoken and communication skills.
- Must have technical / professional qualifications Must have a Law Degree from nationally recognized university, with a bar admission and good standing.
- Working computer and IT familiarity with an ability to do legal research, develop and improve processes, and apply technology to the Legal Department workflow.
Years of Experience :
- Must have 6 to 10 years of post-qualification experience as an in-house legal counsel with major reputed organization.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.