HR at Vodafone Idea Limited
Views:650 Applications:76 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:39
Vodafone Idea - Head - Voice & Data Core Operations (12-22 yrs)
Managing of Core and VAS nodes in the network - providing Max uptime, KPIs as per targets, implementation of new products, features for enhanced customer experience with required internal and external compliance
Key Result Areas/Accountabilities:
1.Responsible for end to end service availability to provide best in class service by engaging with NOC & Circle teams to eliminate service outages and impact on customer experience.
2. Ensure maximum uptime on all Core network nodes and service provided and VAS nodes (as per targets).
- Voice and Data Core Nodes (Circle), STP - regional and National, VAS nodes
- Carry out RCA for emergency / critical faults and take steps for prevention.
- Ensure Core Network node life cycle - Hardware and software
- Implementation of MTX resiliency plans as per VIL central guideline.
- Rollout of new features & functionality as per requirement of CODE planning.
- Ensure optimum network operational cost & Implement cost saving initiatives as per plans
- Ensure PoI uptime and congestion level below the define thresholds
- Reduce customer complaints of Core & improve resolution & TATs on resolution
- Upkeep of Inventory database for all Core Nodes - installed and spare
- Ensure compliance - internal - SoX, SAM etc and external - regulatory
- Ensure architecture compliance
3.Organizing the governance between service partners and circle teams to ensure right & advanced infra structure are in place enriching customer experience.
4.Evaluating opportunities and risks to deliver innovate solutions to reduce cost and improve profitability or productivity in line with company strategic goals.
5.Strategic management of Access and Long Distance Point of Interconnects with BSNL/MTNL and Private Telecom Operators to ensure Cost Efficient and Congestion-free POI network and ensuring compliance to TRAI benchmarks.
6.Engage with cross functional teams to resolve and find best solution to prevent repeat of operational issues
7.Playing a leading role in development, mobilization, & implementation of robust processes at national level with focus on delivering excellent network service uptime.
8.Initiating and driving network uptime improvement programs, implementing best practices across all circles for Voice and Data services.
9.Developing skillset and competency to enable team to deliver results with minimum directions and supervision. Scheduling workload to meet priories and targets thereby achieving high performance, results oriented attitude.
Delivering network KPIs by promoting and encouraging a constant improvement environment across CORE domain
Uptime - Min 99.999 %
Internal Congestion - 0.01%
External Congestion - as per guideline
Zero P1, P2, 50% P3, P4 by 50% wrt H1-20
Key Quantitative Parameters:
Network comprises of 5500+ Voice Core elements and 3000+ Data core elements across all VIL operation units,
Handling workforce of 11 direct and 250+ indirect members
Functional level coordination with NOC, Central Planning, other vertical like SCM, Finance & suppliers
Core Competencies, Knowledge, Experience:
- Knowledge of 2G, 3G & 4G technologies with domain expertise of Core Network components and interfaces and architectures.
- IP infra knowledge will be preferred.
- Strong business acumen, commercial awareness and analytical capabilities.
- Devising & demonstrating effective performance management, organizing, decision making, good dealing in ambiguous situation, driving of quality projects with emphasis towards cost control.
- Excellent in dealing with external and internal customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills with conflict management abilities.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Core Network Operations Experience
- Customer Focused, Innovative attitude
- Strong Leadership skills with prior experience of handling Cross functional teams/ vendors
Educational Qualifications: B. E - Electronics & Communication