HR at Vodafone Idea Limited
Views:3361 Applications:502 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:119
Vodafone Idea - Head - Automation & Process Management (14-21 yrs)
Who are We!
Vodafone Idea Limited (Vi) is an Aditya Birla Group and Vodafone Group partnership. It is India's leading telecom service provider. The Company provides pan India Voice and Data services across 2G, 3G and 4G platform. With the large spectrum portfolio to support the growing demand for data and voice, the company is committed to deliver delightful customer experiences and contribute towards creating a truly - Digital India- by enabling millions of citizens to connect and build a better tomorrow. The Company is developing infrastructure to introduce newer and smarter technologies, making both retail and enterprise customers future ready with innovative offerings, conveniently accessible through an ecosystem of digital channels as well as extensive on-ground presence. The Company is listed on National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) in India.
- SNOC is into Service Assurance and Fulfilment of Network Services PAN India. Complete operations is Process & Automation Driven considering the scale of operations.
- Purpose of Automation and Process Management function is multi folds - To Optimally Design and Implement these processes in NGOSS/IT systems and further train the Engineers so that these Engineers in Circles & SNOC can use and adhere to these processes and Systems leading to better resource productivity and efficiency. Also to Identify Automation Systems & Methodologies from various industry forums for process Automation in SNOC by Ideation/Conceptualization, Cost Benefit analysis, PoC, RFP Preparation, Vendor Selection and E2E Execution/Delivery for BAU operations. Further ensure Compliance to the implemented processes by means of Audits & subsequently fine tune the systems to ensure compliance.
Key Accountabilities / Key Result Areas:
- Automation/Innovation/Digital Transformation - Explore latest trends in market and ideate to bring new solutions for increasing operational efficiency/effectiveness and eliminate manual processes. (UCA, RPA, Workflows, AI, ML, Predictive Analytics, etc.). Includes performing Cost Benefit analysis, PoC & Use case identification, RFP Preparation and Vendor Selection
- Process Design and Implementation in Systems - Use of Business Analysis tools/techniques to understand user requirements, design processes, build logics/solutions & share the same to SIs for development, perform UAT, Training & handover to Operations for BAU across 3000+ Engineers across Circles & SNOC. Extensively use ITIL, eTOM, COBIT and similar industry standards/frameworks. Includes onboarding of new technologies - 4G/ VoLTE/ Wi-Fi, etc.
- Transformation/Transition programs - Use of consulting methodologies to perform AS-IS analysis, Gap analysis, To-Be operational model for managing various organizational changes (IDEA Integration, NOC consolidation, WFM, Field Operations roll out, GDC insourcing.)
- Compliance/Audits - Accountable for Implementing & achieving ISO 20000 (Service Management System) Certification which is critical for NOC operations. Drive for achieving ISO 20000K, SOX, TRAI/DoT Audits, etc.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, Experience, Technical / Professional Qualifications:
- 16-18 years of experience as Automation & Process Consultant to Design, Implement & Automate processes (Service Assurance & Fulfillment). Flexible with years of experience as long as the person is hands on
- Minimum 3-4 years experience as Solution Architect/Project Manager/Business Analyst in Next gen automation tools and techniques like RPA, AI, ML, Predictive Analytics, etc..
- Minimum 4-5 yrs hands on Operations experience working in NOC in one or more of these technologies Mobility/Transmission/ IP/Enterprise/IT
- Experience and Skills in Performing Process discovery(AS-IS Analysis), Gap analysis, and To-Be design for processes across Service Assurance & Fulfilment based on ITIL and eToM.
- Experience in building Business cases for strategic initiatives considering Technology + Commercial aspects
- Should be able to Contribute in Industry forums and also identify and Implement best practices prevailing in the industry
- Experience working on NGOSS products like Foresight TeMIP/Netcool, ServiceNow,, HPSM, WFM,., SQM, APM, RPA, AI, ML, etc.. perform requirement gathering, solution/logic building and entire development life cycle
- Experience of Implementing one or more of ISO frameworks - ISO 20000, ISO 27000, SOX, etc.
Technical / Professional Qualifications:
- MBA (Telecom/IT/Systems) - Preferred
- B.E /MTech/MS/MCA(Electronics & Telecom /Computer Science)- Must
- RPA certified Solution Architect/Developer in Blue Prism/Automation Anywhere/UiPath - Preferred
- ITIL Masters/Expert certified - Must
- eTOM certified - Preferred
- Sig Sigma Green/Black belt trained/certified - Must
- ISO 20000 Lead Auditor Certified - Preferred
- CBAP & PMP Trained/certified - Preferred
Key Performance Indicators:
- New Digital/Automation initiatives to raise productivity/efficiency
- Zero defects in Process Design & Implementation in NGOSS tools like SM/Remedy/WFM/OSM, etc.
- On Time Transformation/Transition with zero to minimum deviation
- Error free and on time new technology Integration in SNOC (like VoLTE, 4G, SSR, etc)
- Zero Non-Compliance in Audits
Annual Budget Owned / Key Quantitative Parameters like Workforce managed etc.:
- 08 - FTEs
- Around 40 Developers of SI partners
Risks, Challenges, Job Context:
- Incorrect Process design & Implementation in system will lead to:
- Chaos in operations impacting Network & Service KPIs - eventually Customer Experience & Revenue
- Rework will lead to increase in cost of system development (overshooting Budget)
- No Automation/Innovation in operations will:
- Demand higher manpower (higher Cost) - today we are able to absorb more work with no/minimal increase in manpower
- Human errors in operations directly impacting Service Availability & Customer Experience
- Lack of Systematic Transformation/Transition approach will lead to:
- Overshooting/Deviating from the intended objective (Ex: IDEA Process Integration to SNOC or Insourcing GDC Circles)
- Delay in Synergies indirectly impacting the intended cost benefit
- Errors in Compliance / Audit will lead to
- Impact to Vodafone Idea Brand incase of any lapse in operations misdeed
- Revoke of ISO Certification will impact Enterprise Business as ISO certification is a mandate for some customer bidding/RFP process
- Making the processes SIMPLE for ease of use for end users (3000+ Engineers); but without compromising on regulatory/Statutory/Framework Compliance requirement.
- ONE Process or ONE Logic/Solution building which should cater to different/multiple domains in Technology
- Identifying the RIGHT FIT Automation System/Solution considering SNOC ecosystem & use cases
Job purpose of Direct Reports & Dotted Reports:
- Process & Workflow Automation - Attend various industry forums to identify new Automation solutions (Orchestration, Robotics, AI, ML, etc.) and Implement the same in SNOC by means of Ideation, Cost Benefit analysis, PoC, Use case identification, RFP Preparation, Vendor Selection & E2E Implementation.
- Process & System Analyst - New Technology Integration To understand user requirements, design processes, build logics/solutions & share the same to SIs for development, perform UAT, Training & handover to Operations for BAU across 3000+ Engineers across Circles & SNOC. Perform AS-IS and gap analysis to come up with new solutions. Extensively use ITIL, eTOM, COBIT and similar industry standards/frameworks. Includes onboarding of new technologies - 4G/ VoLTE/ Wi-Fi, etc.
- Process & System Analyst - Transformation/Transition
- Process & System Analyst - Continual Service Improvement
- Process & System Analyst - Workflows
- Audit/Compliance SME - To ensure no deviation / Zero Non Compliance in Systems and People operations. Accordingly perform System and Process Audit, identify gaps, highlight to operations team, work towards system fine tuning to rectify non Compliances. Also support New Technology Integration & Transformation/Transition.