Vodafone Idea - General Manager - Active Operations - Long Distance Network Performance (15-20 yrs)
Head LD Performance Management
Function / Department : Technology (COG-Active Operations)/ LD Operations
Location - Mumbai - Corporate
Job Purpose :
- Efficient and effective performance management of Long Distance (LD) and Enterprise network including optimization of network elements, supporting NOC/ circle teams in complaint resolution and ensuring quality service to customers.
- Ensuring traffic report automation as per operations and business requirement and preparing strategic plans for network performance improvement
- Efficient handling of customer and business escalations, interaction with internal/ external customers, business & other teams for performance improvement and complaint resolution.
Key Result Areas/Accountabilities:
- Coordination with LD and Enterprise Planning, Circle and NOC teams to maintain a high level of network efficiency and circuit availability of Long Distance network comprising of 28 LD and 4 SIP-T Soft Switches, 11 SBCs, 200 MGWs, 2000+ National & 250+ International Operators.
- Analysis of traffic reports to identify degradation of KPIs in own and 3rd party network i.e. National POIs & International Carriers and coordinate with stakeholders for resolution.
- Ensure efficiency in LD network performance and carry more than 99.9% of captive NLD / ILD traffic on Vodafone-Idea network.
- Be ahead of competition by achieving business and customer SLAs by proactive performance monitoring, identifying network hotspots and ensure proper escalations to restore 3rd party related network KPI degradation.
- Regular interaction with Business, Planning, Core Operations, RA, Enterprise, Billing/IT, SNOC & other teams to ensure all network issues are proactively identified and immediately resolved.
- Capability building by identification and feature enhancement of Performance monitoring tools to cater to changing technology and business requirement.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, Experience:
- BE- Electronics & Telecommunications
- Sound technical knowledge in TDM and SIP signaling protocols.
- Good oral and written communication skills to manage International Carriers, 3rd party POI partners and cross functional teams.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- At least 15 years hands on experience in Telecom Network Quality and analysis
- Good technical analytical skills with exposure to multi-vendor and multi technology environment
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well