Vodafone Idea - Data Scientist - Big Data & Advanced Analytics Group (2-7 yrs)
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
An exciting opportunity for Data Scientists at Vodafone Idea Limited, India's largest telecom company at its headquarter based in Mumbai. This role in the Big Data and Advanced Analytics group gives an excellent opportunity to solve real business problems working on massive and varied data sets. Data Scientists will be responsible for building key predictive models and analytics products across verticals in the organization.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Proven expertise with a variety of Machine Learning and Deep Learning techniques across structured and unstructured data sets
- Hands on proficiency in statistical packages and ML libraries (e.g. Python, R, Spark, SQL, Visualization tools)
- Experience working on Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop MR, Hive, NoSQL, Spark, Kafka, Graph Databases etc.) Experience working in a Cloud environment is a plus.
- Working knowledge across Marketing / Customer Analytics / Recommendation systems
- Top notch problem-solving skills with excellent communication and storytelling skills
- Ability to work in cross functional teams to translate business issues into potential analytics solutions
- Knowledge of complete lifecycle of ML products (business understanding - research - model selection based on business and engineering constraints - model scaling and deployment)
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Graduate or PG degree in quantitative disciplines like Statistics/ Analytics/ Maths/ Engineering or Operation Research from top ranked universities with exposure to AI/ ML/ Data Mining
- 2-7 years of relevant work experience