Vodafone Idea - AGM - Data Scientist (3-8 yrs)
Role - Data Scientist
Job Level/ Designation- M2/AGM
Function / Department -Big Data and Advanced Analytics
Job Purpose :
- This role in the Big Data and Advanced Analytics gives an excellent opportunity to solve real business problems working on massive and varied data sets.
- Data Scientists will be responsible for building key predictive models and analytics products across verticals in the organization.
Key Result Areas/Accountabilities :
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modelling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with product development teams
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Proven expertise with a variety of Machine Learning and Deep Learning techniques across structured and unstructured data sets
- Hands on proficiency in statistical packages and ML libraries (e.g. Python, R, Spark, SQL, Visualization tools)
- Experience working on Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop MR, Hive, NoSQL, Spark, Kafka, Graph Databases etc.) Experience working in a Cloud environment is a plus.
- Working knowledge across Marketing / Customer Analytics / Recommendation systems
- Top notch problem-solving skills with excellent communication and storytelling skills
- Ability to work in cross functional teams to translate business issues into potential analytics solutions
- Knowledge of complete lifecycle of ML products (business understanding -> research -> model selection based on business and engineering constraints -> model scaling and deployment)
Years of Experience:
- Graduate or PG degree in quantitative disciplines like Statistics/ Analytics/ Maths/ Engineering or Operation Research from top ranked universities with exposure to AI/ ML/ Data Mining
- 2-7 years of relevant work experience
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.