Vodafone Idea - AGM - Core IP/MPLS Operation (8-15 yrs)
Function / Department - Technology - Transport, Central Operations Group
Location - Mumbai
- To drive and evolve Vodafone Idea - IPMPLS based pan India transport network (spanning across 23 circle) encompassing FLDS/NGN/MSP/DCN/Internet backbone & ever growing 160+ FLDS PoPs, 6 International PoPs, 60+ NLD Voice PoP (NGN) and 13500+ CEN network elements, 250,000+ mobility and other captive customers connectivity, 100G X N MPLS backbone.
- Responsible for National IP/MPLS transport network- operationalization, product capability validation, sign off, KPI & SLA benchmarking, develop measures to catapult transport service level SLAs to next level for mobility internet services, products
- Strong Governance mechanism with cross functional team; OEM (Cisco, Juniper, Nokia, and Ericsson); MS partners (Nokia, Ericsson, Huawei)- and Leadership team adherence to benchmarks (KPIS, SLAs)- and- to meet mobility and carrier business SLA expectation.
Key Result Areas/Accountabilities:
- Operation responsibility of IP Transport Network. IP transport services design and operation ownership of all mobility entities like STP, IN, RECC, 2G/3G/4G, MoRAN etc. (Core Service- Availability - 99.995)
- Delivery SLA/KPI for IP transport network in line with Vodafone Idea vision.(Network Availability -99.995, Service Availability - 99.995)-
- Spare Management and Ensuring fault within MTTR.
- Drive operations excellence for Network & services with stringent SLA compliance by implementing industry best practices, tools and systems. Ensure service performance & quality through service improvement plans and regular service audits.
- Develop relationships with Mobility users to optimize end-user quality of experience. Provide regular updates and forecasts to Planning/CXX Teams on traffic and Quality of Experience metrics. (Speed test Results across- OOKHLA, TRAI)
- Define service performance KPIs and benchmark with industry. Periodic review of SLAs for competitive market offering. Engage with CTO, Transport Operation head periodically for Network/service performance reviews to improve the quality of experience to customers.
- Efficient governance of managed services partner engagement at strategic and operational level to ensure best in class service experience to customers. Governance of OEMs & other off-net service providers.
- Operations (Technology) sign off with product for development & launch of new products/services/solutions SLAs proposed to Mobility Customers
- Quality Management & Optimization - KPIs, Benchmarking and Optimization of IP/MPLS Networks, Service Level SLA, analysis, recommendation and implementation
- Drive digitization for entire IP/MPLS based network and service fulfillment and assurance.
- Develop IP competence across transport vertical to be ahead of curve.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, Experience:
- 8-15 Years of Experience in Domain (Telecom/IT/OEM ) with 5-7 experience in handling Large Scale Telecom Network Domain
- Experience in implementation, operations & management of data networks and services in large service provider environment.
- Knowledge of service performance KPIs/SLA benchmarking and strategies for continual performance improvement.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in large scale and complex IPMPLS backbone and backhaul network to carry mobility and fixed line services
- Ability to drive operational excellence through standardization and innovation in processes/systems/tools.
- Experience in managing multi service & multivendor (Cisco, Juniper, Huawei etc.) data network.
- Good interaction experience with other service providers/partners, industry technical experts/forums and standards bodies
- Excellent team building capabilities and communication skills.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- BE in Electronics & Telecommunication/IT.
- Industry Certification - ITIL/CCNA/CCNP/CCIE/JNCIA/JNCIP
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.