Associate Director - HR at VMock
Views:561 Applications:88 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
VMock - Manager - Talent Acquisition - Tech Hiring (8-11 yrs)
Manager - Talent Acquisition (Tech Hiring)
This is an Individual Contributor Role
About VMock :
VMock aims to empower students and professionals along the various phases of their career journey leveraging the power of artificial intelligence. The VMock platform delivers personalized career guidance to job seekers across the world. Over 200+ leading business schools and universities' students & alumni and their career centres use our products to accelerate their career goals.
Our team consists of some of the best engineers, data scientists, and product owners who not only have an exceptional background but also a shared passion for helping others in their careers. We pride ourselves in innovation and our team members have a die-hard passion for solving complex problems while maintaining a collaborative team environment that is focused on the growth of every team member. Our fast-paced culture is a great fit for anyone looking to make a mark through their work to create impact globally while working with high caliber team members.
VMock is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We have offices in Gurugram and Palo Alto.
What will you do?
- You will partner with the HR Leader in developing and implementing recruiting strategies to source the top talent for our Product and Technology division.
- Provide recruiting solutions to complex staffing issues.
- Responsible for all aspects of the sourcing and hiring of IT professionals to fill in technical positions across the business
- Responsible and accountable for lateral/niche/leadership hiring for product and technology functions
- Execute the current staffing needs of Product and Technology as the organization scales up
- Lead employment branding initiatives
- Perform sourcing to fill open positions and anticipate future needs
- Plan and conduct recruitment and selection process (interviews, screening calls etc.)
- Submit potential candidates resume to the hiring managers and follow-up on interest and technical interview scheduling
- Design, implement and conduct technical assessments in line with technology requirements
- Write, edit and review job descriptions for various job positions
- Screening applicants for competency with the job requirements
- Take steps to ensure positive candidate experience
- Organize and/or attend career fairs, assessment centres or other events
- Use metrics to create reports and identify areas of improvement
- Innovate new methodologies and processes for attracting top talent in the target industry
- Demonstrate ability as a recruitment Subject Matter Expert in solving ambiguity and providing on-time solutions
- Constantly work towards the development of a diverse and qualified candidate pool
- Identify key sourcing channels; and maintain a network of top talent through the use of primary and secondary research methods
- Implement creative sourcing strategies, effective research, networking, college alumni channel, leveraging relevant social media, Boolean searches, market mapping and employee referrals.
- Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analysing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Working on improving the recruitment process by finding the bottlenecks and reducing the TAT
- Track key recruiting metrices (e.g. time-to-hire and cost-per-hire) and analyse hiring process using data to make decisions and optimize hiring results to support business and talent goals
- Ensuring high offer to join ratio by ensuring excellent candidate experience and post-offer engagements.
- Manage candidate applicant tracking ensuring compliance with all documentation requirements according to company policy and statutory guidelines
- Serve as primary contact for all candidates throughout the identification and assessment stages, and be highly responsive to their needs
- Understand the external market and best practices to improve the recruitment process.
What should you have?
- 8+ years of experience in leading lateral hiring for experienced technical hires i.e. mid to senior level positions
- You must have minimum 5 years of recruitment experience specifically into scaling up product and technology teams in a fast paced Organisation
- You should possess Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or PGDBA/MBA in Human Resources
- You should be focused, hard-working and be able to meet deadlines to the satisfaction of all parties involved.
- You should have a good working knowledge of technology, technical roles - software engineering, data analyses, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- A good understanding of both product and engineering teams. Their talent hiring needs into specific areas such as-
- Software development and best practices : Agile Development methodology and process. Front End Developers
- CI/CD (Continuous deployment, continuous delivery, and continuous integration) and DevOps (Development and Operations)
- Cloud based product development
- Powerful Tech stack - FullStack Developers
- Experience in sourcing potential candidates via professional platforms, (e.g. Github, Stack Overflow etc)
- Experience utilizing Boolean search strings across multiple channels and passionate about creative sourcing
- Experience from within a high volume recruitment function with the ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities
- Experience in full-cycle recruiting, sourcing and employer branding
- Understanding of all selection methods and techniques. Proficient in the use of social media and job boards
- Willingness to understand the duties and competencies of different tech roles
- Working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and databases
- Excellent communicator and a great negotiator
- Must have a pleasing personality and a drive to succeed
- Well-organized, a team player with outstanding interpersonal skills. Ability to establish strong relationships with peers in team
- An expert in key stakeholder management
- Solid project management and reporting skills with ability to manage complex situations and multiple priorities
- Result driven. Should be able to build creative recruiting plans for both lateral and leadership profiles, ensuring optimal hiring with defined time lines
- Proficient with different job boards/portals, social media and business software tools such as Microsoft Office applications
- Strong English verbal/written communication is must with an ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
- Should be a multi-tasker with an eye to detailed orientation
- Prior expertise in scaling teams for start-ups would be an added advantage