Managing Partner at Vivrddhi
Views:3467 Applications:294 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:84
Vivrddhi Consulting - Engagement Manager - IIM/XLRI/ISB/Ivy League (3-5 yrs)
- Vivrddhi Consulting is looking to hire Engagement Managers (EM) with management degrees from premier B-schools. The firm is focused on work across these practices:
- Management consulting across a variety of industries in the areas of strategy, operations, organisation design and change management
- Design and implementation of omni-channel retail-endless aisle and experience centers
- Omni-channel retail is the cutting edge retail model that has seen significant traction in developed markets. Lifestyle brands and retailers (including e commerce players) in India are rapidly adopting omni business models to expand their retail footprint and make physical retail viable/competitive. Vivrddhi is India's leading consultant on hybrid retail with deep domain knowledge and well developed frameworks.
- The firm is led by a partner with significant operations and consulting experience across sectors.
Some examples of our recent/ongoing work :
- Retail due diligence of a leading occasion wear apparel chain on behalf of an international PE firm
- Business plan for a handloom park
- Design and implementation of endless aisle for India's leading value fashion retailer
- India entry strategy for an international eyewear brand through the franchising route
- Licensing strategy for a leading international fashion brand
- Growth strategy and 3 year business plan for a leading international lifestyle brand
- Retail strategy assessment and creation of improvement plans for an online apparel merchant
- Evaluation of a US trade organisation's existing programmes in India and design of their long term country strategy
- Identification of opportunities for profitability improvement for a leading pharma retail chain on behalf of a leading PE firm
Position description :
- As a part of the management consulting practice, the successful candidate will be working on challenging client assignments, which would be critical to the client's business.
- The EM would have an overall responsibility of delivery for all consulting engagements. He/she would lead a team of associates & analysts for the purpose, and would have to provide the right direction and thought leadership to the team. Often, the EM would himself/herself have to take up a part of the project to work on in an individual contribution capacity.
- Financial modeling and structured problem solving approach would be required on a day to day basis. Project management skills are critical. Additionally, he/she will also assist in business development and internal knowledge development efforts.
- In terms of exposure, the role would provide a chance to directly interact with C level executives and other key stakeholders of businesses across multiple sectors.
- Since the firm is small and is growing rapidly, this is a great opportunity to work directly with the partner and learn important business skills in a demanding, yet extremely rewarding consulting career.
Requirements for the position :
- Candidates must possess ability to lead a team of intellectually smart and business savvy associates & analysts (who come from tier I Indian & International B-Schools).
- The candidate should have deep understanding of how consulting the process works. He should be able to structure problems logically, arrive at possible hypothesis, and conduct required research and analysis to arrive at the solution.
- The candidate should also possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Most importantly, he/she must be able to deal with fair amount of ambiguity in structuring and solving complex, unfamiliar problems.
- He/she should have demonstrable areas of leadership skills and business savvy. Ability to work closely with the Client team and influencing their thinking is a must.
- Candidate should have the ability to independently take decision during projects and should have exhibited the same during his previous work. Candidate would be required to demonstrate thorough understanding of design to delivery solutions in a demanding environment.
- Only candidates possessing an MBA from IIM-A, IIM-B, IIM-C, IIM-K, IIM-L, IIM-I, XLRI, ISB or other top-tier international b-schools may apply. Desired experience level is 3-5 years post MBA, in management consulting. Pre MBA work experience in operations/HR would be preferable.Exposure to retail & lifestyle industry would be an additional advantage.
Hiring Process :
- The short-listed candidates will go through 5-6 rounds of case based interviews. The first few rounds are generally held over a conference call (if candidate is presently based away from Bangalore) and the last few rounds shall be held face to face.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.