Ebony Irby at Vital Strategies
Views:1133 Applications:363 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Vital Strategies - Financial Controller (10-11 yrs)
Vital Strategies is an international public health organization. Our programs strengthen public health systems and address the world's leading causes of illness, injury, and death. We currently work in 73 countries, supporting data-driven decision making in government, advancing evidence-based public health policies, and mounting strategic communication campaigns. Vital Strategies- priorities are driven by the greatest potential to improve and save lives. They include non-communicable disease prevention, cardiovascular health promotion, tobacco control, road safety, obesity prevention, epidemic prevention, overdose prevention, environmental health, vital statistics systems building and multidrug-resistant tuberculosis treatment research. Our programs are primarily concentrated in low-and middle-income countries in Africa, Latin America, Asia, and the Pacific; The Overdose Prevention Program is our first initiative in the U.S. Please visit our website at www.vitalstrategies.org to find out more about our work.
Vital Strategies offers highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits. Vital welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment.
About the Role:
Vital Strategies will be opening a new company office in India and this role will have responsibility for all financial and fiscal management of the local company operations. The Financial Controller will provide leadership and coordination in the business planning, finance, accounting, forecasting, budgeting, tax, and compliance efforts of the company. The Financial Controller will also be a key member of the India Senior Management team and will supervise the finance unit in India.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Strategy & Leadership
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the Sr. Management Team
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans with focus on financial and tax strategies; develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction and funding
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the India management team, NY SVP of Finance, International Finance Officer and CFO
- Supervise the India finance & accounting team ensuring the department is staffed with qualified financial personnel and that there is support for the development of these team members
Finance, Accounting, Treasury
- Oversee the accounting (payable, receivable, payroll, bank), compliance, legal, tax (TDS, GST, ITR), and treasury activities.
- Oversees the general accounting function, which includes Billing/Credit/A/R, A/P, Bank accounting and operations, monthly closing, Audit, General Ledger
- Management, fixed assets, inter-company accounting, financial reporting, and balance sheet management
Manage the invoicing process with Headquarter and transfer pricing,
- Manage reconciliation of Intercompany financial activities
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Prudent cash flow management, ensure timely payments, monitor cash balances and forecasts
- Provide the Board and NY Finance team with financial reports
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Oversee and ensure the company's transaction processing systems is compliant with Headquarter financial coding system (Program, department, - )
- Implement operational best practices; establish a review process to continuously improve financial accounting practices, and related policies and procedures
- Work closely with the local Operations Manager to update, implement, and provide guidance on finance-related business policies
- Assumes principal responsibility for improving and standardizing financial consolidation and reporting processes across the company
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to the company director and Sr. Finance staff in NY
Financial Risk Management
- Ensure the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile.
- Develop, implement, and maintain internal control procedures to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected, coordinate activities relative to internal controls documentation and testing
- Report risk issues to the board of directors
Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
Tax & Compliance
- Responsible for all interim and annual audit reports, statutory audit, GST audit, transfer pricing certification and financial and tax reporting in a timely manner
- Preparation of all tax compliance filings, GST, TDS, ITR (Income tax return)
- Minimum of MBA/Chartered accountant or related degree
- Minimum 10 years of financial experience, three to five years in a leadership role
- Experience in dealing with foreign currency and intercompany with a foreign Headquarter
- Ability to translate financial concepts to - and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience using financial software (Exact Globe, Net Suite, etc.)
- Analytical mindset with strong attention to details
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Vital Strategies
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter, including salary expectations. The deadline for applications is February 8, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.