Visvottama Infosystems - Director - Investments (8-15 yrs)
- At VISPL, the Investment Director will be responsible for building the social investment market by working closely with sector experts and intermediaries to identify socially impactful and financially viable investment opportunities and raise awareness of those within the broader market. The Investment Director will do this primarily by taking responsibility for deal execution, from origination and due diligence through to legal documentation and closing, as well as portfolio monitoring and management.
- Given the early stage of many investment proposals, the Investment Director will often be required to take a more collaborative approach to building proposals as well as assessing them. Ultimately, VISPL is a lean, agile organisation, and you are encouraged to build a role for yourself. The social investment marketplace itself is poised for growth, and at VISPL you will have the opportunity to influence the development of it.
Objectives of this Role:
- Identify and develop new investment opportunities. Work with prospective intermediaries. Establish that the applicant has a good understanding of the responsibilities they are taking on and that they believe that the investment VISPL may be making is appropriate for them
- Lead investments, including analysis of eligible investment proposals, undertaking detailed due diligence, applying rigorous analytical techniques, and stress testing business plans to assess investment opportunities, from both a social impact and financial return standpoint
- Prepare Investment Committee memos that include recommendations for VISPL Investment Committee
- Negotiate legal documentation and close transactions
- Monitor, evaluate and manage the financial and social impact performance of investments on an on-going basis
- Support VISPL social investment market champion role by raising awareness of social investment to external stakeholders; including presenting at conferences, speaking to investors etc.
- Build expertise on social issue(s) and/or design and scale specific social investment products, e.g. retail charity bonds, SIBs, and crowd funding
- Train and mentor Investment Associates, may be called upon to provide training sessions
- Extensive and demonstrable knowledge of the alternative Finance Market
- Extensive existing personal networks of key early stage investors
- Experience in structuring equity and debt financing deals.
- Demonstrable experience in both the demand and supply of businness, finance and investment.
- Skilled influencer and persuader who challenges in an objective way, strong negotion skills and ability to say - NO- wheneever situation demands
- Ability to convert concepts and opportunities into transactions
- Ability to practically approach towards problem solving, and ability to make clear and concise decisions.
- Ability to effectively deliver presentations on complex financial and economic topics, Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to raise funds for business operation and M&A transactions
- Superior organisational skills, with an eye for details.
- Ability to work closely with investees- teams and develop relationships to enable successful monitoring of investments made
- Minimum of 8 years of investment banking experience as VP/EVP/Partner in any of top 10 VC/Private Equity/Commercial banks/BIG4 accounting firm with excellent network of investors
- Comprehensive knowledge of corporate finance
- Possesses established relationships with principals of venture capital firms
- Experience of detailed analysis and decision making
- A strong background in business analysis (such as social enterprise, strategy consulting, venture capital or investment banking) in either the private, social or public sector
- Deal execution skills including comfort with negotiating
- Self-starter able to build relationships and source investment ideas to address social issues
- Ability to process and break-down investment proposals; analysing social impact, risk and return to make a decision on whether an investment is suitable given VISPL objectives