Senior HR Manager at Virtuous Retail
Views:1141 Applications:191 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Virtuous Retail - General Project Manager (10-18 yrs)
About Virtuous Retail:
Founded in 2007, Virtuous Retail is India's leading institutionally-backed retail platform that designs, develops, owns, and manages community-oriented lifestyle centres across the country. Virtuous Retail's current pan-India portfolio is 14 million sqft., with four operational flagship centres VR Surat, VR Bengaluru, VR Chennai, and VR Punjab, two recent acquisitions undergoing upgradation to VR flagships at Ambarsar and Nagpur, a soon-to-be-launched second centre in Bengaluru, and two projects under development in Delhi and Mumbai.
Over the last 13 years, Virtuous Retail has redefined the spatial retail experience for consumers by delivering innovative centres that seamlessly integrate shopping, hospitality, food, leisure, and entertainment. These award-winning lifestyle centres are designed and operated by Virtuous Retail as social hubs that are - Connecting Communities-, contributing significantly to India's economy, and enhancing the overall brand image of the city they are located in by celebrating the local culture.
About the Opportunity:
Besides an attractive remuneration package, working for Virtuous Retail gives you the opportunity to join a high-growth real estate platform that is leading the transformation of urban spaces across India. In this role, you will be working directly with the company's senior management, and will get to immediately create a meaningful impact on a 4.0mm-sqft. mixed-use development underway in Mumbai. Because the project is in its initial phase of development, you will experience first-hand what it takes to launch a INR ~2,400 crore landmark city centre project, notably in a fast-growing market like India. The team is fast paced, hard-working, and results-oriented, and we are committed to providing you the opportunity to move ahead more rapidly than is possible at most other places in this industry.
The General Project Manager will play a critical role in the execution of the development. He / she will:
- Serve as the senior-most site-based client representative, executing the development on behalf of VR's management team and providing daily oversight to the third-party PMC / contractor
- Act as the interface between the various players involved with the execution of the development, including consultants, contractors, vendors, suppliers, local authorities etc.
- Ensure all processes and workflows are carried out in accordance with company standard operating procedures and industry best practice
- Resolve all day-to-day queries, issues and disputes in a timely fashion, escalating any critical matters on to management
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses from appropriate authorities, working in conjunction with the appointed Liaisioning Consultant as required
- Take responsibility for project planning, QA / QC, site safety and contracts / procurement, directly managing these functions within the PMC team
- Oversee resources deployment (manpower, equipment and materials) by contractor from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Oversee the planning of construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Manage the consultants in producing comprehensive tender / GFC documentation that is fully compliant and coordinated between disciplines and trades
- Manage the project budget, regularly updating budgets with actuals, provide value-engineering solutions etc.
- Supervise other site-based VR personnel, including finance & accounting, legal, and tenant coordination functions
- Chair regular meetings with relevant internal and external attendees
- Oversee proper administration of all contracts, including those for build, supply, manpower etc.
- Oversee the timely preparation of accurate management reporting consistent with the prescribed company standards
- Oversee the development of a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources
- Oversee the preparation of the project schedule, track and update the progress and mitigations measures, if required
- Oversee the preparation of financial statements, cashflow projections, statutory filings etc.
- Oversee coordination of tenant and operating partner fitting out works
- Ensure the quality of work as per the required specifications
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- BE (Civil) with 15 - 18 years of years of experience with the relevant industry.
- Post-Graduation or PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage
- Proven experience as Project Manager. Completed at least 2 projects > one million sf, including at least one large scale retail development.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Proficient in MS office & Auto cad (preferred)
- Strong commercial and legal understanding with experience administrating contract agreements
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Good understanding of real estate and valuation principles (preferred)
- Strong stakeholder management, conflict management and dispute resolution skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for service delivery
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent people management and project management skills