Senior HR Manager at Virtuous Retail
Views:891 Applications:210 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Virtuous Retail - Company Secretary (2-5 yrs)
About Virtuous Retail:
Founded in 2007, Virtuous Retail is India's leading institutionally-backed retail platform that designs, develops, owns, and manages community-oriented lifestyle centres across the country. Virtuous Retail's current pan-India portfolio is 14 million sqft., with four operational flagship centres VR Surat, VR Bengaluru, VR Chennai, and VR Punjab, two recent acquisitions undergoing up-gradation to VR flagships at Ambarsar and Nagpur, a soon-to-be-launched second Centre in Bengaluru, and two projects under development in Delhi and Mumbai.
Over the last 13 years, Virtuous Retail has redefined the spatial retail experience for consumers by delivering innovative centres that seamlessly integrate shopping, hospitality, food, leisure, and entertainment. These award-winning lifestyle centres are designed and operated by Virtuous Retail as social hubs that are - Connecting Communities-, contributing significantly to India's economy, and enhancing the overall brand image of the city they are located in by celebrating the local culture.
About the Opportunity:
Working for Virtuous Retail gives you the opportunity to join a high-growth retail real estate platform that is leading the transformation of retail spaces in India. The team is fast-paced, hard-working, and results-oriented, and we are committed to providing you the opportunity to move ahead more rapidly than is possible at most other places in this industry.
Broad Job Description:
- General company secretarial matters, including all compliances, forms, and documents as required under the Companies Act, LLP Act, Income Tax Act, etc.
- FEMA Compliances - FC-GPR, FC-TRS, DI, FLA
- Basic knowledge of accounting, direct & indirect taxation
- Convening and conducting the Meetings of the Board of Directors & its Committees viz. preparation of Notice, presenting agenda papers in the meeting, attendance sheet, shorter consent letter if any, preparation of minutes of the Board and its Committees
- Convening and conducting Annual / Extra Ordinary General meeting viz. preparation of Notice, presenting agenda papers in the meeting, attendance sheet, shorter consent letter if any, preparation of minutes of the meeting.
- Advising on good governance practices and compliance of Corporate Governance norms as prescribed under various Corporate, Securities, and other Business Laws and regulations and guidelines
- Acts as the custodian of corporate records, statutory books, and registers
- Manages the Secretarial / Compliance Audit
- Vetting of agreements, deeds, and other documents
- Maintenance of Statutory records, regular and Event-based Compliances
- Filing of all forms with MCA e-filing
- Handling of general secretarial matters
- Preparation of Notices, Corporate Governance Reports, and Board's Reports and all other documents under the Companies Act, 2013 and in compliance with the Secretarial Standards
- Convene Statutory compliance Meeting from time to time, maintain all records relating to compliances of various statutes applicable to the company and notify the leadership team of any non-compliance
- Assist in compliance with the Department of Public Enterprise Guidelines relating to Corporate Social Responsibility, Vigilance Manual, etc.
- Issuing of Notices of demand under section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881, etc.
- Issuance of Bonds, debentures; filing of various forms for the conversion of debt into compulsory convertible cumulative preference shares, alteration of MOA & AOA, etc. to ROC
- Assist in Quarterly & Half-yearly compliance under Debt listing agreement to Stock Exchanges / SEBI
- Preparing annual Return, Director's Report & MCA-e-filing
- Company & LLP Incorporation
- Responsible for filing, registering any document including forms, returns and applications by and on behalf of the company as an authorized representative.
- RBI compliance (Relating to FDI, FPI, FCGPR, FCTRS and other related Compliances)
- Filing of financial statements in XBRL format
- Compliance with NESL
- Ensuring records maintenance in compliance with statutory regulations
- Handling of Banking related compliance
Accounting & Taxation:
- Maintaining GST Records
- Vendor creation vetting
- Maintaining Vendor Master Data Creation
- Assisting in Statutory and Internal Audits
- Filing Statutory Returns
MIS & Reports:
- Assisting in preparation of MIS
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- Qualified member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ACS), with 3-4 years post-qualification experience in the corporate sector.
- CA inter or ICWA is a plus
- Knowledge of FEMA - FC-GPR, FC-TRS, DI, FLA
- Knowledge of Companies Act 2013 and LLP Act
- Knowledge of accounts and Direct & Indirect Taxation
- Knowledge of IND AS
- Proficiency using MS Office
- Can work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Should be ready to travel domestically 4-6 days in a month if required
- Hands-on experience and attention to details
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills