HR at Simba Properties LLP
Views:745 Applications:149 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Viceroy Properties LLP - General Manager - Legal - LLB (15-18 yrs)
Title: General Manager - Legal
Reporting to: Managing Partner
Job Objective: To lead and direct the legal function in order to ensure effective management of legal, contractual and compliance issues, support to identify and mitigate legal related risks for company's investments and operations
Primary Responsibilities :
- Develop strategies to manage contracts and litigation effectively so as to minimize exposure of the Company to claims and litigation
- Keep track of existing laws and changes to laws governing urban and rural land development.
- Capitalize on any emerging opportunities for the benefit of the organization
- Collaborate with external lawyers to evaluate land records and conduct a thorough due diligence for all deals and transactions related to the structuring of land/property acquisition and to manage contracts. Highlight concern areas and recommend risk mitigation strategies / options
- Review the final agreements from a business, Legal Documentation, Notices, letter & agreement and diligence for all risk mitigation strategies/options investigation & Local relevant development of the Company to changes to laws governing urban and rural land legal perspective and ensure minimal risks to the organization
- Support the land (Business Development) team in the sale deed preparations, agreements, drafting of all contract-related documents from a legal perspective and other functions on compliance matters both at the corporate level and at efficient coordination with the business partners on all issues of interpretation of laws with respect to construction, real estate and of legal, regulatory & statutory requirements for commercial registrations, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring all due diligence is done as part of legal compliance management for all transactions with Investors (like GIC), Clients (like Sumitomo), Partners (like Four Seasons) and all agreements with respect to ISHA and Support Services Agreements in context of Board/Shareholders. Review the final agreements from a legal perspective and ensure minimal risks to the organization.
- Collaborate with all partners in contract definition. Review the final agreements from a legal perspective and ensure minimal risks to the organization.
- Develop and manage the Legal team depending upon the existing and future business plans
- Guide the company in interpretation of laws with respect to construction, real estate and
environment applicable to the business
- Guide and direct other functions on compliance matters both at the corporate level and at the
- Provide legal administration services and institutionalize legal support and control processes
across different functions in the company
- Ensure timely and efficient coordination with the business partners on all issues of disputes and
- Identify external legal counsels and consultants for various jobs as and when required. Effectively coordinate with outside counsels for litigations and contract management
- Develop a database of legal, regulatory & statutory requirements for PL projects
- Provide legal support to the Sales team in the sale deed preparations, agreements, registrations etc and provide support for customer satisfaction
- Ensure effective management of legal documentation. Ensure minimal the site level disputes and policy environment projects, Litigation Management.
- Strategizing and advising the business team and lawyers on potential disputes, disputes and/or litigations including those related to vendors, customers, real estate/stamp duty matters, HR issues, etc
- Provide closure to all pending litigation matters against the Company as well as legal claims brought by the Company against third parties
- Provide guidance on policy, process, and SOPs in commercial/ contracts, litigations, compliance/ regulatory work, etc
- Formulate the Legal department's budget and ensure adherence to the allocated budget
- Monitor the drafting of all contract related documents from a legal perspective and ensure minimal associated risks for the company
- Conduct performance appraisals on departmental staff / personnel. Assess and fulfill training and career development requirements
- Coaching and Mentoring subordinates to develop the team's capabilities and build a strong succession pipeline for the role
Desired qualifications: Bachelor of Law (LLB)
- Desired experience of 15 years in the legal profession with at least 8-10 years experience in legal function of a real estate organization in both Litigation and Non-Litigation domains. Some experience (either currently or prior) with a Law firm/Solicitor handling Real Estate clients will be preferred.
- Knowledge of legal provisions / statutory requirements related to the real estate/ construction industry
- Knowledge of property, contract, corporate and commercial laws
- Decision Making Skills, Negotiation Skills, Communication Skills, Analytical Skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.