Client Partner at Search Synergy
Views:316 Applications:100 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Vice President - Web Technologies - Stock Broking Firm (20-22 yrs)
Main Focus and Challenges:
We are seeking a skilled and experienced head of development with expertise in web technologies. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in web development, excellent leadership skills, and a proven track record of successfully delivering complex web projects. As the head of development, you will be responsible for overseeing planning, execution, and delivery of web-based solutions that meet both business and technical requirements. Candidate should be able to work closely with various technology units like Operations, Infrastructure, and Security.
Technical Skills & Key Responsibilities:
- Highly skilled technocrat with deep understanding and experience in the areas of system architecture and design particularly in web technologies
- Lead and manage a team of web developers, providing guidance, mentoring and support to ensure successful project delivery.
- Strong project management and delivery experience, engineering expertise for complex deliveries
- Drive the technical direction and architecture of web projects, making informed decisions about technologies, frameworks, and best practices.
- Plan, prioritize, and allocate resources effectively to meet project deadlines and business goals.
- Identify and mitigate project risks, develop contingency plans and ensure timely resolution of issues
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to team members, assisting with problem-solving and code reviews.
- Manage the full development lifecycle, from requirements gathering to deployment and maintenance
- Monitor project progress, identify potential risks and proactively address issues to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Good understanding of technology especially software development life cycle
- Ability to work productively under pressure and effectively undertake multi-tasking.
- Ability to manage a cross functional team of in-house and outsourced partners.
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Must have worked in a high scale, high speed IT Systems and time critical delivery environment.
- Strong knowledge of front and back end technologies like Node.js, Angular JS, Java, Spring boot, Redis cache, Mongo DB etc.
- Must have strong systems architecture insights
- In depth knowledge of delivery lifecycle, budgeting, planning, risk management, communication management, people management
- High degree of organization and detail-orientation
- Ability to prioritize & consistently deliver results in complex, fast-paced environment
- Excellent articulation (verbal and written), negotiation and stakeholder management skills
- Analytical mindset with ability to identify trends, risks and opportunities within project portfolios.
- Experience with change management and driving organisational transformation is a plus
Qualifications & Experience:
- An effective leader who excels in a high growth environment and delivers desired outcomes.
- Specifically, the successful candidate will have the following characteristics: BE/BTECH/MBA from Premier Technology Institute/Tier1 Engineering/ Management College
- Around 20 years (with at least 5 years at senior level) in Financial Sector/ Stock Exchange / Banking.
Leadership & Management Behavioural Competencies:
The successful candidate will be a recognized executive with the ability to lead, manage and mentor a culturally diverse team. Specifically, the ideal candidate will excel in:
- Stakeholder Management: managing diverse customer community, broker depositories, regulatory bodies, internal business stakeholders.
Lead and managing people:
- Recruits and grows great talent. He/she has the ability to attract, hire,develop and retain a high-performance team
- Sets and communicates goals, measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback
- Delegates and develops; keeps people informed with proper escalation
- Provides guidance and coaching
- Delivers feedback and messages without hesitation; deals promptly and fairly with problem performers.
- Designs effective processes, workflows and systems that deliver results.
- Instils management focus and discipline. Develops metrics to track progress; always looks for incremental process improvement. Leverages technology extensively as an enabler and to create operating efficiencies.
Crisis Management: Able to manage crisis under a complex situation and is able to lead the team with clarity, calmness and confidence.
Display courage of one's convictions and is action-oriented: He/she fearlessly takes on all issues, challenges, and people; comfortably confronts and works through conflict; thrives in crises and is energized by tough challenges; not afraid to make tough decisions and take tough action; challenges the status quo.
Lead change / innovation: Is an effective change agent -sets vision and holds oneself and others accountable for change-oriented goals.