Vice President - Technology - EdTech (7-10 yrs)
What would you do? (Roles and Responsibilities)
1. Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships
2. Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
3. Consolidate our technology platforms and create plans for each
4. Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
5. Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
6. Be a steward for engineering quality, reliability, scalability habits, and mindset in the organization under your purview
7. Responsible for scalability, performance, availability of products, and services across the stack in the organization under your purview
8. Drive high-standard code reviews, design reviews, and architecture discussions
9. Mentor more junior engineers to instill engineering best practices and good habits
10. Actively participate in development along with team members - creating modules & systems that can then be treated as a working reflection of the best practices.
11. Set the vision of the domain architecture and technology stack for technology in your organization
12. Drive implementation of long-term investment, migration, refactoring in your organization
13. Be an evangelist for technology
14. Drive a culture of curiosity and active debate around technology in your organization
15. Experiment with new relevant technologies and tools, and drive adoption while measuring yourself on the impact you are able to create
16. Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
17. Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
18. Work closely with Marketing, Business Development and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements
Who are we looking for? (Requirements and Qualifications)
1. 5+ years of relevant industry experience ideally a in fast-moving B2C environment
2. MA in Engineering, Computer Science or a similar relevant field
3. In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design, and development
4. Hands-on experience with complex project management
5. Excellent organizational and time-management skills
6. Effective negotiation and vendor management skills
7. Attention to details
8. Technical breadth - exposure to a wide variety of problem spaces, technologies
9. Very strong system design and object-oriented skills with a nifty ability to craft clean interfaces and operate at the right levels of abstraction
10. Solid coding skills with the ability to drive teams through massive refactoring exercises to improve coding standards across large code bases.
11. Deep knowledge, understanding & experience in working with a large variety of multi-tier architectures.
12. Awareness of pitfalls and use cases for a large variety of solutions.
13. Deep understanding & experience of high-performance web-scale real-time response systems, and large-scale persistent systems
14. Demonstrated expertise in problem-solving and technical innovation
15. Exposure to complete product development cycles - from inception to production to scaling up, supporting new requirements, re-architectures
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.