Specialist at Recruitment Firm
Views:282 Applications:73 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Vice President - Technology Direct Control Business Partner - Bank (10-20 yrs)
Thisisfora British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Bank the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
About Technology Chief Control Office (CCO)
Technology CCO is a fully global risk community, with around 200 colleagues embedded in our businesses and functions across the UK, Europe, Asia and the Americas. It supports the technology businesses in understanding, monitoring and remediating their risk and control issues.
Technology CCO provides Risk and Control advise and oversight to all Bank technology businesses - GTIS, RTB, BI, BUK, RFT, RPA & Functions Technology. The teams are across all regions supporting these businesses. This role aligns with Group Technology Risk and 2nd Line Technology Risk (part of Group risk), Chief Controls Office, and other relevant Control functions and technology support areas such as Group Resilience, Cyber Security and Information Security.
Overall purpose of role
This role is within the Technology CCO for Advisory and Oversight function.
- The primary focus of the role will be to provide the management support for the Controls team in providing business-unit aligned regional coverage of the quantification and delivery of a highly visible, business focused and pragmatic Technology Controls agenda to ensure compliance with Bank technology policies, standards, frameworks and procedures.
- This will require the successful candidate to establish successful engagement with key stakeholders within the Technology, Technology CCO and within relevant Business Units, as well as stakeholders external to Technology such as Internal Audit, External Audit, Compliance, Regulators.
- Create, define and publicise the strategy to track, manage and meet Risk Management responsibilities across aligned teams.
- Lead the delivery of an effective governance framework across aligned teams to ensure visibility and accountability for controls status
- Manage and coordinate the non-compliances raised against internal policies and standards, ensuring that quality of submissions is maintained, and ensuring that non-compliances are addressed in conjunction with the policy/standard owner.
- Lead and coordinate the impact assessment of changes to policies and standards on Private Cloud, Enterprise Hosting & GTIS Run the Bank
- Manage the closure of remedial actions from through working with action owners to evidence effectiveness of controls and effective audit trails supporting closure.
Governance & MI Reporting of controls:
- Monitor the status of all open issues via various issue and risk management tools and ensure timely action.
- Define operating practices the Private Cloud, GTIS & Run the Bank team (aligned with organisation ERMF) and ensure these are applied consistently.
- Maintain oversight of management controls validation across Private Cloud, Enterprise Hosting & GTIS Run the Bank operational areas
- Undertake regular control reviews to validate controls effectiveness, based on area priorities.
TRAINING & AWARENESS
- Lead the implementation of education programs across in-scope areas
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Experience in working with senior stakeholders at BI, BUK, BX level.
- Ability to engage and influence key stakeholders related to the role both globally and within India and also strong relationship with key partners such as Control office, Compliance and CSO
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly matrix environment.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Coordinate Manage priorities and organize work to competing and demanding deadlines
- Ability to develop a fact based point of view, raise issues and engage in a fact-based discussions and problem solving
- Pragmatic and results oriented in approach
- Assertive in conversations
- Methodical and fact based in solution development
- Concise in verbal and written communication
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree and equivalent work experience in relevant industry with strong background in risk management, technology and information security
- Experience in assessing design and operating effectiveness of technology controls
- Experience of a project environment, in particular planning, testing, and tracking against a plan
- Experience in leveraging IT risk frameworks such as COBIT5, COSO, NIST and/or data management frameworks DCAMM/CMM-DMM
- Excellent knowledge of information technology risks, controls and risk remediation and experience using industry wide GRC tools (e.g. Archer, Metricstream)
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
Experience in playing a lead role in:
- Review of Audit findings, self-identified issues and breaches to align them with operational risk, regulatory requirements and Barclay's Control Framework
- Advising IT on pragmatic approaches to meeting regulatory mandated technology controls and risk reduction
- Delivering of risk reduction and operational improvement projects
- Managing diverse staff and stakeholders
- Project Management fundamentals, CISA, CISSP, PMP, CRISC or equivalent