Vice President at USRC
Views:2047 Applications:434 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:134
Vice President - Supply Chain - FMCG (20-25 yrs)
Vice President - Supply Chain (FMCG)
- Responsible for the entire gamut of end-to-end Supply Chain covering areas such as Demand planning, warehouse, distribution, and logistics.
- The purpose of this role is to plan and execute distribution across India from Manufacturing plants to Depot and distributors.
- It acts as an interface between Demand Planning and Manufacturing.
- Responsible for planning dispatches while minimizing finished goods inventory, reducing overall costs and stock outs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Planning and consolidation of finished goods requirements at depots and manufacturing plants.
- Preparation of dispatch plans from Manufacturing units to depots and from depot to distributors.
- Responsible for the selection of the right mode of transportation for the movement of goods, ensuring safety, timely delivery, and cost optimizations. (Monitoring of budget VS actual freight).
- Coordinated with various departments (sales, production, purchase, depots) for finished goods material movement to ensure no stock out at depot and distributors.
- Coordinate with the finance department to check the status of payments and work closely with the sales team for credit repayment to ensure smooth dispatches.
- Incumbent will be responsible for coordination and control of the order cycle.
- He will be expected to monitor the quality, quantity, cost, and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods.
- Incumbent will be required to display excellent customer service skills and must have the ability to source suppliers and negotiate rates that are favorable and in line with the company's budget and targets
- Should have excellent knowledge of logistic movement (Primary & Secondary), Transportation matrix to improve service levels
- As a key management team member, the Distribution Head will also be required to implement the company's strategic plan as well as contribute to and be involved in the evaluation and analysis of the business objectives.
- Prepare and control SCM budget ensuring cost optimization, while maintaining the required service levels.
- Preparation of various MIS report for FG distribution.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE :
- MBA in Operations / Manufacturing Management.
- 20-25 years of experience in distribution planning and logistics in FMCG/Personal Care
- Good Communication and Presentation Skills.
- Ability to perform analysis and prepare/present information.
- Customer-focused and results-oriented.
- Demonstrates excellent planning, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Have a deeper knowledge of various analytical tools & Implementation process
- Must be willing to work in a highly competitive environment.
- An ideal candidate should come with at least 16 years of experience, including 10-12 years in execution of supply chain and leadership role experience with an MBA in Operations/Supply Chain degree a must for this role.
- The person must exhibit strong commercial and contractual awareness and excellent negotiation skills.
Skills : Demand planning, Supply planning, Supply Chain Network Design, Logistics, Warehousing