Associate Vice President at AdAstra Consultants
Views:2753 Applications:128 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
Vice President - SQA & Test Engineering (12-15 yrs)
Position: VP - SQA & Test Engineering
Job Location: Bangalore
Qualification: B.Tech / B.E / MCA
Experience: 12+ yrs
He/She will be a strong, conscientious leader who understands and focuses his or her attention on creating a forward thinking and technologically current QA and Test Engineering organization that performs as a partner to the technology function. In addition, through his or her commitment to enterprise process excellence, the VP QA & TE will take a 360-degree view of the company's established processes and practices, and through effective influencing, consensus building and leadership, will ingrain a transparent and high performing process and culture within the technology organization that embodies quality and continuous process improvement.
The VP QA will be responsible for a large QA & Test team comprised of staff through management level professionals. It is anticipated that the team size will be adjusted from time to time to support a growing project portfolio and the maturity of the enterprise QA & Test ecosystem.
Responsible for establishing and driving the next generation of world class Software QA and Test Engineering practices across several of Company's legacy product enhancement efforts as well as all new product development which exceed established quality expectations and improve time to market.
Accountable for the integrity of the methods, tools, platforms and efficacy of Company's comprehensive Software Quality and Testing services. The VP will drive consistency and efficiency of all Quality and Testing efforts for the portfolio of product development efforts getting involved from the concept/planning phase through release into production.
- Define tools, develop QA processes, build test automation harnesses, track quality metrics, and work with developers to design testable products.
- Will need to be proficient in executing various types of test plans, including functional, integration, regression, system, security, and penetration testing with an emphasis on negative and performance testing.
- Champion emerging and situationally appropriate Quality Assurance practices;
- Lead an Agile transformation and know how to apply the appropriate methodologies when (agile/waterfall) appropriate;
- Demonstrate an outstanding ability to understand system architectures and new technologies;
- Develop and provide valuable feedback into complete test strategies;
- Implement innovate testing approaches to solve technical problems and have a commitment to great execution.
- Nurture and develop a highly empowered software development team. Push down decision making to the lowest organizational levels possible.
- Drive implementation of global processes for Lean Agile Journey (LAJ) that support the delivery of high quality within an Agile development environment and also support rapid development of functionality for frequent releases.
- Own and guide the necessary cultural and management practices for an effective organizational transformation to highly effective Lean-Agile teams.
- Collaborate with peers across the whole organization; across India and across US and across the company to model highly effective matrix management.
- Align with global corporate and R&D strategy and collaborate with peers to define appropriate local initiatives and programs to translate strategy to action.
- Manage and lead QA Activities for all initiatives across several product lines.
- Design and implement processes that support the production of rigorous test cases within an agile development environment and also support rapid execution of regression tests for subsequent releases.
- Set direction for the selection, adoption and effective use of automated testing tools for enterprise software products and systems.
- Champion the development of a comprehensive functional, non-functional and mobile test strategies covering both manual and automation testing.
- Produce quality dashboards, which highlight the quality of release and provide predictability for production readiness.
- Implement a risk-based approach to product testing that drives towards a - zero defects- goal while not materially slowing the development and release processes.
- Be an advocate for Quality Assurance best practices across the entire SDLC. Pro-actively facilitate continuous improvement in all areas of the SDLC from continuous integration, estimating and tracking of artifacts to execution of test process through the UAT phase.
- Quality assessments of Company's products and development practices during all phases of product development.
- Quality assessments of Company's content by defining and generating clear metrics for measurement of content quality.
- Facilitating meetings to coordinate processes and procedures both internal to QA and cross-functionally.
- Defining, implementing and enforcing release acceptance criteria.
- Continue to develop and implement industry standard automation framework and team.
- Continuing to develop a comprehensive software configuration management system for our development and production releases.
- Continuing to develop and improve the defect tracking and reporting process.
- Recommending additional tools or processes that will increase productivity or quality.
- Establish, participate in, and lead cross functional quality improvement teams to improve overall quality, customer satisfaction and loyalty throughout all areas.
- Work with solution (product) owners to define their business processes, establish key performance indicators, and ensure that effective and close-loop corrective and preventive action systems are in place.
- Regularly interface with customers to ensure that their requirements and expectations are regularly met through robust process design and flawless business execution.
- Monitor, measure, and report to executive and corporate management regarding the overall health and status of Company's quality management system and continual improvement activities.
- Assessing on-time delivery and supplied quality performance of Company's development and testing cycle.
- Set strategic goals and monitor results of the quality performance.
- Ensure that the staffing of quality resources is accomplished and is consistently applied at appropriate levels.
- Conduct regular management reviews across all areas in order to assess the overall health and performance of Company's Quality Management System.
- Manage Company's quality audit program and establish and promote best practices.
- Ensure all released products, QA processes and tools are compliant with industry regulations including HIPPA, SOC-II and ePHI.
Skills & Experience:
- Significant experience (12+ years) in progressively responsible positions in software quality assurance, Build and Release, software engineering/product development, Dev-Ops/Tech-Ops with at least 5 years within an enterprise software company with strong leadership experience as a hands-on technologist in a large, complex, fast paced and dynamic company.
- Experience in building & transforming QA teams and designing or redesigning QA, Testing and Test Automation related processes in a very complex environment that is constantly evolving; applying best practices which produce enhanced operating results.
- Experience with quality methodologies including strong opinions on optimal ways to develop and execute regression, integration, exploratory and end-to end testing.
- Hands-on experience implementing test automation; knowledge of automated testing architectures, tools and processes. Familiarity with Selenium and Performance Center tool set is strongly desired as well as other automation and performance tools and frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in release test planning, test case management, software defect analysis.
- Well-developed knowledge and experience with test automation frameworks and tools as well as code coverage tools to measure automation effectiveness.
- Knowledge of emerging software development and project management processes and execution methodologies including Agile and experience in continuous integration.
- Proficiency in a wide variety of enterprise software, cloud service, application technologies, programming languages and relevant frameworks.
- Proficiency in web development including .NET, HTTP, REST, APIs, especially in enterprise software with scale.
- Proficiency in large data sets, SQL databases, and in optimizing database access.
- Experience with integrating application components across technology stacks and platforms.
- Experience working with globally distributed teams.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.