Vice President/Senior Vice President - API Fermentation - Pharma (20-29 yrs)
VP or Sr.VP- API Fermentation
KEY RESULT AREAS & EXPECTED OUTCOMES :
Research & Development :
- Lead a team of competent scientists to develop, scale up and tech transfer the product to manufacturing facility
- Lead technical discussions and guide heads of departments of chemical and analytical teams - Help the teams with adequate resources (chemicals; equipment; licenses; internal / external collaborations; contracts; any other)
- Constantly on the lookout for better technologies and help the teams to develop or acquire such skills / technologies through external collaboration
- Constantly monitor the costs of development; product cost and come up with improvements so that products are competitive wrt market prices
Processes and review :
- Set up processes for development and monitor the progress through bi-weekly / monthly reviews
- Set up processes for cross functional collaboration; escalation mechanisms to resolve issues - Review conflicts of various teams from time to time and help the teams to perform better - monitor project progress through technical as well as project management discussions - set up monthly / quarterly reviews with Corporate/ Management to present progress on R&D projects; seek resources, if any
Technology Transfer :
- Responsible to develop manufacturing processes that are scalable and transfer the technology to internal / external manufacturing facilities
- Set up systems and processes for technology transfer protocols (including scale up ratios; yields; solvent recoveries) and ensure transfer in line with procedures / guidelines of manufacturing facility
- Responsible for manufacturing activities at the plants by setting up systems and processes in line global regulatory guidelines and internal QA procedures
- Ensuring that manufacturing activities are conducted following all internal procedures - Ensuring that all customer commitments (delivery schedules; customer specific specifications) are met
- Responsible for any customer complaint received and ensuring timely response to resolve any issues related to the product (technical queries; complaints) by collaborating with internal QA teams
- Establish systems to monitor product cost including yields; solvent recoveries and constantly strive to bring costs down by following established procedures (change control etc ) - Establish systems to review products (costs including man power; utility; complaints; stability; competitor information) in collaboration with various functions and present the reviews on a regular basis to Corporate/ Management
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED :
- Development process of Fermented API's.
- Large scale production of API's.
- Technology transfer.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.