Practice Head at LightYear HR
Views:275 Applications:53 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Vice President - Security Settlements - Banking (15-20 yrs)
Minimum 15 years in banking operations as Senior Operations Manager role
- Candidate must have strong working relationships with both internal (i.e. FO, Audit, Compliance, Legal and Finance) and external counterparts (i.e. Regulators, External Audit and Vendors)
- Experience in maintaining appropriate BCP and Operational Transference programs
- Asia EMEA trade settlement and confirmation processing and exception management of time critical payments i.e. CLS
- Candidate is responsible to ensure KRIs are monitored, managed and escalated appropriately
- Development and implementation of department wide policies and procedures
- Should be a member of the settlements management team
- Must have cross operational expertise with detailed knowledge of trade processing and settlement process
- Experience in end-to-end processes in the Confirmations and/or Settlements
- Strong Experience in Risk and Control focus
- Pan India sourcing
- Retail banking domain.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Lead, manage and provide functional supervision to 20-22 member settlements team primarily Asia EMEA trade settlement and confirmation processing and exception management of time critical payments i.e. CLS.
- The primary focus is to ensure that all activities are met according to pre-defined SLA, monitor and escalate key issues to the appropriate representatives The role holder will be required to partner the Business --Engagement lead on settlements queries and escalations and drive pro-active partnership with the IB business and external parties through product and process expertise aligned with collaboration with functional leads
What will you be doing?
- Ownership and accountability of the trade settlement and or confirmations.
- Will be responsible in ensuring timely settlement of time critical payments which may include vendor, internal and external payments
- Build and maintain appropriate BCP and Operational Transference programs.
- To review and own key risk and control issues, driving continuous process improvement and technical understanding of a high risk operational process.
- To interact with senior management to ensure transparency and smooth delivery of business requirements
- Will be responsible for supervising the overall service delivered to the business and manage both the risk and strategy to maintain an effective business delivery
- Will be responsible to ensure KRIs are monitored, managed and escalated appropriately
- Will be the key settlements point of escalation and engagement relating to Controls and governance, change strategies and Tech automation.
- Development and implementation of department wide policies and procedures, and responsibility for directing day-to-day operations
- Ensure all applicable governance, compliance, risk policies and procedures are adhered to and a mechanism exists to promote escalation by staff where appropriate.
- Continual review of existing processes to ensure exceptional performance, efficiency and risk management. Carry out complex analysis to identify innovative ways to improve straight-through processing, client experience, performance against regulatory targets and the firm's standing against its peers.
- Active member of the settlements management team. Full participation in discussions regarding the global footprint, and the strategic direction of the group as a whole. Leadership and involvement in firm wide people initiatives, with particular focus on the development and replication of these initiatives in Chennai.
- Active participation in external market developments and initiatives. Detailed understanding of changes within the regulatory environment and the expected impact on the functions under management. Firm representation at relative industry forums; ensure Barclays is viewed as the leader amongst its peers and driving change within the industry.
- Effective management of operational costs to ensure the function is performed within budget. Proactively identify opportunities to lower operating costs, whilst maintaining performance.
- Foster strong working relationships with both internal (i.e. FO, Audit, Compliance, Legal and Finance) and external counterparts (i.e. Regulators, External Audit and Vendors). Confident communication (written, verbal / presentations). Effective management of key client relationships and promotion of Barclays Operations as a differentiating factor from its peers
What we're looking for:
- Relevant years of experience in a banking operations
- Relevant years of experience in a Senior Operations Manager role
- Degree educated
- The candidate should have a history of cross operational expertise with detailed knowledge of trade processing and settlement process.
- Strong understanding of the end-to-end processes in the Confirmations and/or Settlements
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.