Recruitment Sourcing Manager at Allegis
Views:1028 Applications:224 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:72
Vice President - Risk Specialist - Non Financial Risk Management - BFS (14-18 yrs)
The Risk division is responsible throughout the Group for management and control of all credit, market and operational risks, and the function of the Risk division consists of managing, reinforcing and protecting the Bank's capital, integrity and reputation by making a solid structure and supportive infrastructure available.
Non-Financial Risk Management (NFRM) is responsible for determining the regulatory and economic capital for operational risks. In addition, the function ensures that the bank's Non-Financial Risk exposure is adequately managed in-line with the group wide risk appetite and NFRM framework. The department supports Management of risk decisions by preparing analyses and reports, validates the approaches and methods used in the OR division (in quantitative and qualitative terms) and verifies business inputs through quality assurance.
The NFRM Team supports operations and drive changes for activities conducted in conjunction with Divisional Control Officers/ Infrastructure Control Officers, Risk Managers, RTCs and other teams connected to NFR throughout the Bank. This will require the candidate to have the experience, seniority and tools to assess complex risks and intervene where they lie outside the bank's risk appetite, build strong working relationships with people within the business functions and within the greater NFR team, to consistently complete normal activities/operations and thrive in a changing environment
Your key responsibilities :
- The key mandate is to govern and administer the Group Non-Financial Risk (NFR) and Capital Profile to enable proactive oversight and management.
- Responsible and accountable for all NFR reporting done by the team including Group NFR and Capital profile, Top Risk, NFR Risk Appetite, Event Management reporting and ensuring highest quality of reports in adherence to NFRM Framework.
- Building strong relations with all stakeholders including 1st LoD, Divisional Control Office, Risk Type Functions, Risk Managers.
- Provide strong leadership to the team including building an environment in which good contribution gets recognized and implement a continuous improvement approach. Cooperation regarding enquiries from auditors and regulators.
- Establish an escalation management process
Your skills and experience :
A suitable candidate should be proficient in the following core competencies :
- More than 14 years- experience in a similar role within financial services.
- A robust understanding of Non-Financial Risk Management principles and practices
- Experience in operating a measurements-based culture leading to continuous improvement
- Experience in presenting to senior management
- Experience of developing strong working relationships with business areas to facilitate successful risk management within the 3 Lines of Defense model
- Ability to assess controls and have experience with common operational risks associated with global investment banking businesses
The key attributes will be required include :
- Strong oral and written skills - should be able to distill topics into understandable summaries with clear conclusions and explanations of the rationale
- Presentation skills - candidates should be confident in presenting the outcomes of their work
- Strong analytical skills and proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications
- Time management - the successful candidate will often need to deal with multiple priorities and should therefore be highly organized and be able to multi-task
- Adaptable - candidates will play a pivotal role in a period of significant change for this function and therefore past experience with change projects is desirable
- Communication skills - must be able to communicate ideas and information clearly and concisely
- Assertive - must be proactive in forming relationships with key stakeholders in the business and within NFR
- Team player - willing to help out
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.