Director at Stalwart Management Consulting
Views:661 Applications:125 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:113
Vice President - Risk Monitoring & Reporting - Retail Collections/Retail Credit Policy Unit (10-25 yrs)
VP for Risk Monitoring and Reporting (working experience in retail collections, retail credit policy unit))
- Support sound credit risk management and achieve optimal level of risk-reward balance for CBG portfolios
- Cultivate & maintain a consistent consumer credit culture in the Bank to ensure compliance with internal controls and regulatory standards.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of NPL, NSP and Loan grades separately for Group / SG Region and RBI in line with group standards and local regulation with robust controls in place
- Automation of reports/ automation of dashboards to improve timely submission & productivity
- Ensure process is robust to facilitate accurate and timely submission of both regulatory & regional reporting
- Manage efficiently all statutory,, concurrent & RBI related data requests on a timely manner and ensure all queries, clarifications are responded.
- Provide requisite support to stakeholder and ensure controls are robust in the NPA provisioning automation project , perform UAT testing etc
- Perform portfolio analysis, monitor portfolio performance and proactively manage emerging risks due to macro-economic and regulatory changes.
- Forward-looking risk identification and management across different risk types.
- Engage proactively with stakeholders from Business, Business Analytics, Credit Strategy, Credit Approval, Technology, Operations etc.
- Provide management and regulatory reporting and commentary on portfolio performance and key trends
- Support Credit Digitalization projects.
Job Duties & responsibilities:
- Perform regular and ad-hoc risk reporting to consumer credit management/ line of business stakeholders and MIS preparation for regulatory reporting.
- Run and produce MIS for reporting on risk exposures and metrics to enable informed and strategic decision-making.
- Identify opportunities/ gaps to improve data quality and existing reporting processes
- Apply analytics and data mining techniques using credit data and alternative data sources to monitor portfolio performances based on established portfolio triggers
- Present MIS & data in required formats which are visual, universally understandable or easy to interpret (e.g. dashboards).
- Analyse portfolio performance to assess risks and opportunities to maximize product profitability.
- Conduct portfolio stress testing to establish portfolio risk tolerance.
- Establish credit methodology to derive customer level income and max indicative secured credit limit using banking and credit bureau data.
- Provide UAT support for any data migration or MIS platform enhancement to ensure successful implementation.
- 15+ years of relevant experience in financial sector or relevant working experience in retail collections, retail credit policy unit.
Education / Preferred Qualifications
- Degree holder, preferably in risk management/ quantitative discipline
- Proficient in Microsoft tools - Excel, Access
- Knowledge of Python programming is preferable together with Knowledge of Visualisation tools such as Tableau with strong command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Access).
- Good understanding and knowledge of credit cycle management in a consumer credit environment preferred.
- Team-player with good inter-personal, communication & writing skills.
- Meticulous with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Seek to understand stakeholder's point of view and find win-win solution.
- Motivated and self-driven.