Consultant at Green Tree
Views:501 Applications:104 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:76
Vice President - Risk & Data Management - Investment Bank (10-15 yrs)
Vice President position for a Global Investment Bank. Role - Finance and Data Management .
Basel Measurement & Analytics (BM&A) team is responsible for calculation and reporting of Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) for FED regulatory reporting. The Finance Data Management Office within BM&A is responsible for providing fit for purpose data required for the Basel RWA calculation and reporting for different products like Derivatives, Wholesale & Retail etc.
Primary responsibilities include :
Partner with senior stakeholders (i.e., Asset Class Controllers, Product Controllers, FERCs, and P&A) and Finance CDO leadership team to support the delivery the following data capabilities for a prioritized book of product-aligned work
- Data Requirements : Drive provisioning of fit-for-purpose data by working with consumers to identify data requirements; enhance data consistency through definition of business terms and alignment of data providers to agreed upon business terms; maintain alignment between business terms and data requirements documentation/metadata for Basel III, Basel IV requirements & Liquidity requirements.
- Data Sourcing - Identify authoritative sources of data based upon data requirements for on-boarding to Corporate Finance architecture; support FFBA Product Owners in demand prioritization and grooming sessions.
- Data Quality - Facilitate resolution and oversight of the book of data quality issues and data sourcing gaps; ensure issues are clearly understood for prioritization and resolution and linkage to all necessary metadata (i.e., adjustments, demand, technology jiras for enhancement in Everest Abacus Studio); support roll-out of Data Content Owner strategy.
- Data Quality Controls - Ensure data integrity by identifying and overseeing implementation of data quality controls within Corporate Finance applications and upstream LOB applications.
- Data Landscape - Engage with Corporate Technology to clearly describe data across its lifecycle for a common view and language across Finance and the Firm enabling data lineage from point of consumption back to point of origin.
- Support Finance CDO leadership team in preparing for Finance forums to communication status of work, drive framing and rollout of CDO strategy, and advise on overall data health.
- Manage and drive regulatory and strategic projects' implementation enabling efficient and rule compliant Basel Risk weighted Assets (RWA) computation and reporting across products.
- Coordinating with BM& A Production teams, technology, and line of businesses to frame out implementation requirements, defining and tracking milestone delivery, leading prioritization of book of work and validating built solutions.
- Support efforts on managing both internal and external audit requests during implementation of key regulatory and strategic initiatives.
- Assist in identifying, tracking, and resolving data quality issues through various data analysis efforts; Work towards streamlining and improving processes.
- Assist with preparation of presentation materials and scorecards for various forums across risk, finance, and technology.