Recruitment Team at Allegis Group
Views:2919 Applications:124 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Vice President - Regulatory Monitoring - Operational Reference Data Services - Investment Banking (12-20 yrs)
Role Description :
- Candidate will be joining Operational Reference Data Services (ORDS) which comprises of Client Tax & Regulatory teams (including Instrument Reference Data & Client Reference Data). The group provides operational services across the Global Markets and Corporate Investment Banking (CIB) clients globally, which enable client business, regulatory and tax compliance, protect against client lifecycle risk and drive up data standards within the firm.
- The ORDS Regulatory Monitoring function is focused on driving compliance with regulatory requirements in client on-boarding function. Team will maintain a Book of Work that is driven by numerous US Regulators, such as EMIR, Dodd Frank, MIFID, CFTC, SEC, FINRA and the FED. The team is also responsible for management and monitoring of the Regulatory controls.
- The role requires solution coordination to address identified control or process weaknesses & changes required due to either internal policy changes or updated regulations. It will also support in the data standards and data quality definitions.
- The role includes communication and partnership with the various businesses, Group Tax, & Technology to review and respond to new and existing requests and maintain all regulatory updates as it relates to the various regulatory requirements into the onboarding process.
- The candidate must be able to think critically, analyze workflows and data, draw conclusions, and suggest potential solutions to mitigate risk exposure, improve efficiency, provide automation, and manage the implementation of these solutions. In order to do so, the candidate should be able to develop project plans, conduct meetings, provide status reports and interact with senior managers.
Main Responsibilities :
- Work with the RTB team to design, create, implement and monitor required reports / MI / metrics which shows the compliance with various regulations. This will require working with relevant technology teams as well.
- Document gaps in compliance, if any, design solutions, implement to close the identified gaps and monitor.
- Identify trends / themes for non-compliance of regulations, do complete root cause analysis, and identify solutions, implement and remediate.
- Help delivering training and support to the other team members.
- Track and assure compliance with all legislation ensuring appropriate self-identified issues are raised and progressed to closure.
- Serve as regional SME on regulations and support RTB teams with questions and escalations
- Work with various Audit teams to pull data and explain process during internal and external review process
- Review and understand new requirements and identify impact to global Client Onboarding. Vet changes with Legal, Compliance, Business Management, etc globally to ensure changes meet both regulatory needs and business requirements.
- Work with change team to review any system changes, BRD documents, and perform UAT as necessary.
12 - 20 years experience
- 9+ years of experience in investment banking, especially in Client Onboarding / KYC or a control function.
- Experience in working with and implementing regulations within an Operational or Control department within a banking environment, or within a similar Operations regulatory function.
- Understanding of various regulations like EMIR, MIFID, 4AMLD, Dodd Frank, CFTC, Volcker, Uncleared Margin etc. will be added advantage.
- Must have strong organization skills & the ability to work independently.
- Must be a team player, determined and hardworking
- The ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines with no loss of accuracy
- Pays attention to detail and can multi-task
- Present and articulate with strong written and oral communication skills to deal with front office, back office trade capture teams, control areas, IT and clients
- Ability to learn new practices and procedures quickly
- Understanding of the workings of an investment bank and the lifecycle of a trade is a plus
- Good understanding of operational risk and performance and familiarity with regulatory requirements affecting investment banking.
- Ability to plan and organise workload, taking into account relative priorities.
- Competent business user of MS products and Outlook. Internet literate to enable on-line searches. Must know MS Excel.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.