Vice President - Product - Recruitech Firm (4-8 yrs)
As VP - Product you will be responsible for defining market requirements and packaging the features into product releases. You will interact with development leads, teams, internal stakeholders and key customers. A strong technical background is required. Job duties include studying analytics to identify requirements from existing and potential customers, building agile product backlogs, and managing the delivery of amazing features release after release across all of the company product offerings.
Your job will require you to work through the entire product cycle as the advocate for end-users and customers.
This position offers:
- Opportunity of being the thought leader in a high growth funded recruitech company
- Opportunity to create huge impact by creating highly effective hiring solutions for employers and candidates at large
- Opportunity to work on massively large and highly scalable infrastructure and shape the tech build across different markets and sectors
- Shape the product journey and user experience across multiple platforms
- A chance to be part of the core founding team in a leadership position
- Market standard salary (if this is the only item of interest to you, wed urge you to apply elsewhere)
- Attractive ESOP opportunities
The candidate must have:
- The ideal candidate should have more than 4 years of relevant product management experience in a large consumer internet company
- Should have experience and be extremely comfortable managing remote teams and external vendors
- Technical or engineering background required. Non-technical background is not a deal breaker but the candidate will have to showcase an extraordinary work profile in substitution of the degree.
- Ability to work with large quantities of data and business skills to leverage analytics for decision making.
- Experience of managing successful delivery in an Agile software environment to deliver customer-led outcomes.
- User focused individual who keeps the customer at the heart of everything we do, while having strong commercial awareness.
- Data driven who can base decisions on facts, trends and patterns rather than opinions.
- A good understanding of systems experience with designing user interfaces via wireframe mockups.
- A natural ability to empathize with customers and understand their real pain points.
- The ability to create multiple hypotheses and validate these using data/customer interactions and other tools.
- The ability to think holistically covering all the aspects including edges and future possibilities.
- Ability to understand tech deeply (architecture, scale pitfalls, etc) and to define functional design by taking platform/capability view
- Excellent communication skills to proactively communicate with stakeholders to keep them up to speed on planning, roadmap, execution, status, launch, its impact, learnings, etc...
- A sharp focus on automating repeatable tasks and reducing operational overheads.
- Ability to manage multiple projects from concept to implementation.
- Natural inclination to attention to details.
- Deep understanding of data and ability to use it in decision making.
- Deep understanding of business domain and key success factors.
- Practical understanding of gamification, analytics, click through events and related items to shape user acquisition, retention and customer behaviour
What you will do:
- Your responsibility will be to understand the key stakeholders (Customers, Partners, Leadership, and other Internal Stakeholders) problems, requirements and wish lists and come up with the appropriate product solutions leading to high customer conversion rates and minimum operational overheads.
- You will have to switch between short-term and long-term goals and define and prioritize the product roadmap.
- You will have to collaborate with Tech, Design and Business teams to tailor product solutions.
- You will be fully responsible for delivering key metrics targets for the assigned products and partly be responsible for the P&L on products
- Formulate and communicate your products vision, strategy and roadmap and own the results by aligning with stakeholders.
- Work with Marketing and Sales/business to ensure that the product proposition is clear to the end customer.
- Demonstrate a good level of understanding of the full technology stack and understand how your product interacts with all areas of the business.
- Work with cross functional teams spanning across product, data scientists, data engineers, engineering and Product design.
- Identify customers behaviours and needs through research and analysis to suggest growth hacks within the product(s).
- Empower and collaborate with relevant teams to unlock the full potential of the product.
- Strategically evolve and grow existing product(s) and services to constantly deliver a better user experience.
- Gather product requirements, and document them accordingly for projects in development.
- Manage collaboration and communication with other teams, both internal and external, to ensure teams have what they need and can work efficiently.