Consultant at Michael Page
Views:544 Applications:204 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:143
Vice President - Operations - Continuous Process - Chemical/Petrochemical (15-30 yrs)
Our client is a 2000 Cr coal chemical processing company headquartered in Mumbai. They are looking for a VP Operations to be based out of their manufacturing facility in Karnataka.
Reporting to the CEO and the Managing Director, you will be responsible for:
- Determining the strategic direction of a company's multiple manufacturing units, setting the plan for products, processes, and factory relationships with the goal of increasing efficiency and profitability.
- Executing business strategies and practices to constantly improve production capability, quality, costs and customer service goals for all the units.
- Maintaining and enhancing quality, safety and customer satisfaction.
- Evaluating regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements.
- Training and preparing associates for succession planning; Proposing, preparing and executing initiatives to enhance profitability.
- Ensuring to maximize production efficiency as well as optimize manpower usage.
- Facilitating and supervising new R&D project transition to manufacturing processes and ensuring smooth integration into the existing production & maintenance streams across multiple units.
- Evaluating overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Ensuring that the site runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
- Managing relationships with external partners and vendors
- The ideal candidate must be a (full-time) BTech/Mtech Chemical Engineer with at least 15 years of experience in a continuous manufacturing chemical/petrochemical set-up.
- He/She should have at least 3 years of experience in being an Operations Head/Site Head for a 1000+ Cr business. Candidates with knowledge about rubber chemicals, natural /synthetic rubber or carbon-black will be preferred.
- You should possess excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational, management and planning skills. You should have an excellent track record in your earlier professional stint and should be ready for the next challenging assignment in a fast paced environment.