Specialist at Recruitment Firm
Views:2370 Applications:208 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Vice President - Operational Risk & Control - Bank (10-20 yrs)
Vice President - Operational Risk & Control (Need Only Diversity)
This is for a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Bank Policies and Policy Standards.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
- Lead the Bank Control Library Change Governance process and the Controls Assessment process with the Annual RCSA cycle.
- Develop strong and productive working relationships with local line management and Global FD&E teams to ensure continuous engagement on key deliverables are shared on a timely basis.
- Develop engagement with BI, BUK and BX CBP teams, First Line of Defence Horizontal and Vertical teams and the Second and Third Lines of Defence as and when needed to ensure they understand their risks and have controls and processes in place to manage those risks.
What will you be doing?
- Day to day management and oversight of the change volumes submitted through the Controls Library Change governance process. This includes driving timely and qualitative delivery on an ongoing basis.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously. Ensure adequate controls, reviews and checks and balances to ensure accurate processing of changes.
- Ensure timely Stakeholder engagement, communication and interaction towards timely resolution of queries and concerns.
- Manage and oversee the migration of the Control Assessments and embed the activity with the ongoing BAU processes. Post embedment, explore opportunities to automate and enhance the Control Assessment process.
- Build and develop relationships with key Vertical, Horizontal and first, second and third Lines of Defence stakeholders to drive Control Library and RCSA Control Assessment agenda.
- Lead, manage and coach team of 60-8 Control Officers towards timely and seamless execution.
- Partner and support the Global FD&E team in driving the RCSA Framework and related programs through designing the appropriate tools and documenting the framework and plan including MI to achieve the milestones. Maintain continuous oversight of the support activities being provided to the Annual RCSA cycle.
What we're looking for:
- Working knowledge of the Bank Control Framework preferred, including the Risk Event Policy, Issues Management, Control Library and Risk and Control Assessment Standards.
- Strong communication abilities with developed risk management, control and data analytics skills and presentational skills, including organization, planning, coordination and reporting abilities.
- Excellent attention to detail and be comfortable to make suggestions to peers; leadership teams and across operational teams
- Excellent written communications skills needed to supplement reporting commentary and wide range of deck production.
- Proven track record of working successfully in different cultures in a sensitive manner in order to create strong working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Able to cope under pressure, managing a wide range of priorities with multiple objectives.
- Be required to build rapport with colleagues to help establish best practice processes and techniques. The right candidate will contribute positively to the organizational culture of excellence and they will have the ability to take accountability and operate with their own initiative in a professional and positive manner.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Bachelor's degree or Post Graduate / Risk management qualification with an experience of 15+ years equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a risk and control function/role in either the first, second or third lines of defence.
Where will you be working?