Chief Research Officer at Crossover Catalyst
Views:518 Applications:109 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:100
Vice President - Marketing - NGO (15-20 yrs)
About Educational Initiatives (Ei)
Founded in 2001, Educational Initiatives Private Limited (Ei), is South Asia's leading educational technology and assessment research organization, motivated by the vision of creating "a world where children everywhere are learning with understanding". Ei is a premier provider of K12 education services across different geographies and socio-linguistic backgrounds in India, Middle East and Africa, impacting over 10 million students. We specialize in pedagogical research, assessments and personalized learning tools, to help measure learning outcomes, create solutions to remediate learning gaps and build systemic capacity within governments and organizations. We work with governments, multi-laterals, foundations, innovative non-profit organizations and schools in Asia and Africa. We impact a wide spectrum of schools, including State-run government schools, international schools, private schools, after school learning centres and low-fee affordable private schools with different curriculum standards and languages. We have offices in Bangalore and Ahmedabad in India, with 300+ staff members and partners across India, Middle East and Africa.
The values of excellence, innovation, collaboration & trust underpin the agile culture at our organization. When you enter Ei's workspace, you will find people with a positive attitude, compassion, and a compelling desire to make a difference in the way children learn. Impact shall always be at the core of our organizational processes and decision making. You will instantly feel the charged atmosphere that emanates from the daily pursuit of using technology better to improve learning. Our passion and desire to make a lasting change goes beyond our organization into the ecosystem as well, and we work closely with the key thinkers, changemakers, and institutions like World Bank, Central Square Foundation, Michael and Susan Dell Foundation among others, driving conversations and collaborations to create systemic impact. In addition, the organization offers a range of personal and professional development opportunities to learn and grow.
Position: Vice President - Marketing, reporting to CEO based in Bengaluru
EI has developed robust and pedagogically sound products based on 19 years of research and over 500M data points. These products have also been adopted with high retention rates with our current schools and institutional partners - many top schools have been continuing with us for more than a decade! Ei has established its credibility within the education sector, and is considered a trusted name by most thought leaders and education experts. However, we still need to establish our brand and create a stronger presence in India among the public at large. In order to achieve our vision of all students learning with understanding, we need to make Ei's name synonymous with e-learning across all households. We need a leader to chamion these efforts,and increase our visibility and presence, and help Ei rightfully take its place among the top elearning solutions in the country.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the four business teams (B2C, B2B, International and Ei Shiksha) to uncover insights and build marketing and branding strategy which aligns with the overall mission, vision and business goals of the organization, and creates a demand for solutions which promote learning with understanding.
- Lead the development of marketing plans tailored suitably to influence our clients (school owners, principals, teachers, CSR heads, foundations). Underscore the importance of assessments with quality questions, the need for personalized adaptive learning and teaching at the right level, and establish Ei's expertise in these areas
- Work closely with our product teams, understand the student mindsets and feed those insights into product design and marketing strategy (especially for B2C)
- Spearhead the strategic and tactical execution of marketing campaigns. Use data and analytics for decision making, track key metrics, measure marketing effectiveness as well as create a culture of structured experimentation and iteration to drive growth.
- Build relationships with thought leaders, ensure Ei's presence in key discussion forums and platforms on education, EdTech, impact and systemic change. Create more awareness about our success stories, and establish Ei's position as one of the top EdTech solutions in the country.
- Act as a catalyst for team engagement, motivation and a spirit of openness and trust where every individual's opinion is important. Be the custodian of a highly ethical and empathetic business culture and drive it inside the SBUs.
Skills and Qualifications :
- Ei is looking for someone who has seen and contributed to hyper scale business environment (10x growth), and experience in building large scale communities, engagement and monetization (millions of MAU)
- Exceptional communication & creative skills to create appropriate impactful marketing content to attract attention of the target segments. Understands how to package and communicate our scholastic product proposition. E.g. "Ei as a learning expert" positioning
- Strong foundational knowledge and deep understanding about relevant end-consumer segments. E.g. experience of working with organizations with students or young moms as a customer segment will be an advantage
- Very strong leadership skills, particularly collaborative approach and nurturing strong relationship across the organisation
- Excellent stakeholder management skills; comfort with dealing at top team level internally and externally and ability to challenge where deemed necessary
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.