Vice President - Legal - Retail/Real Estate - LLB + CS (15-20 yrs)
Job Description :
- Strategic role to support business and evaluate the impact of evolving legal and statutory regulations on current & future operations and investments
- Mitigate legal risk, provide legal advice for policy formulation & install systemic frame work
- Manage external stakeholders / regulatory authorities and handle any legal escalation
- Maintain strong & consistent legal compliance record to be leveraged for business development & funding
- Adhere to regulatory norms & contract terms so there are no penalty clauses
- Formulate processes for legal & leasing teams at malls in the roll-out, negotiation & closure of agreements & for operations
- To oversee preparation and approval of standard templates for LOI, LLA, etc.
- Present before regulatory authorities/Courts of law; set up conciliation or arbitration mechanism for alternate dispute resolution & appoint arbitrators
- Effective litigation management including external partners, monitor cases etc.
- Protect legal interests of the promoters in their family assets, projects & transactions
- Oversee legal audits, set quality standards to be observed in agreements
- Train the legal team in commercial concepts, drafting, etc.
- Standardize legal MIS template for reporting; define filing systems to maintain agreement & documents in physical & electronic form
- Work closely with contractors/vendors, Retail/Commercial Tenants, External Legal Counsel, SEBI, BSE/NSE, ROC, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Auditors, RBI/Other banks etc
- LLB + CS, 15 - 20 years- experience, 35-42 years' of age, Rs. 50-55 lakhs per annum