Founder & CEO at 4S Advisory
Views:543 Applications:122 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Vice President - Legal - Renewable Energy Firm - LLM (10-15 yrs)
Vice President Legal
Hiring Alert from 4S Advisory (www.4sadvisory.com)
One of my Clients, a Renewable Energy MNC is looking for a Vice President - Legal reporting to Global Legal Head.
Location : Hyderabad or New Delhi
Job Description :
My Client is looking for an experienced deal attorney with approximately 10 years of experience to serve as Vice President, Legal (Transactional) India. This versatile team player will drive diligence, negotiation, documentation & closing M&A, financings and other corporate activities. Reporting directly to Global General Counsel, this is a diverse and dynamic role encompassing a full suite of transactional matters to support our Indian operations, with the possibility of expanding to support our global transactions. This includes:
A. M&A Activities :
- Lead legal activities for our M&A transactions in India.
- Due Diligence :
- Drive all aspects of legal due diligence, with a focus on corporate, land and project risks.
- Coordinate due diligence activities with colleagues assessing technical, commercial and financial aspects to ensure we can efficiently address risks in legal agreements or other mitigation measures.
- Structure :
- Provide advice regarding the acquisition structure in compliance with FEMA/RBI guidelines and under the Companies Act, 2013 while taking into consideration tax and other compliance.
- When applicable, assess target project finance in place, and work with internal and external teams to ensure transaction structure is compatible with assumed financing.
- Documentation :
- Negotiate and draft transaction documents, including MoUs, term sheets, business transfer agreements, purchase agreements and other agreements as may be required to consummate the proposed acquisition transaction.
- Handle legal aspects of acquisition or project financing.
- Closing :
- Obtain requisite approvals or consents (i.e., AD Banker approval or consents, FEMA approvals, approvals under the Competition Act) for commensurate proposed acquisition activities.
- Ensure completion of conditions and other closing matters.
- Post-Closing :
- Assisting with post-acquisition integration to ensure the handover/takeover of the acquired target company or projects with ease.
- Handle any disputes or litigations (civil or criminal or both) or notices received in relation to any acquisition activities or prospective acquisition or development activities.
B. Project Financing :
- Provide legal advice and drafting with respect to Term Sheets, Sanction Letters or umbrella terms or agreements for sanction of short-term or long-term or working capital facilities.
- Closely work with Lenders and Project Finance Team for closure of Financing Documents (Loan or Facility Agreements, Undertakings, Indemnities, Corporate Guarantees, Deed of Hypothecation or Mortgage, Indenture of Mortgage, Agreement for Pledge of Securities, DSR Agreements, TRA Agreements and any other documents as may be required to secure the debt or disbursements thereon) and handle independently to close all those documents.
- Closely work with Lender's legal counsels, Lenders Independent Engineer, Lender's Insurance Advisors and any other advisors engaged by the Lender for granting or disbursement of debt.
- Work with Lenders on reset compliances and/or rating related compliances.
- Working with Finance, Project Finance and EPC teams to ensure the compliances met at each stage of disbursements.
- Handle all issues arising out Finance Agreements which includes notices to be delivered to, or which may be received from, the Lenders.
C. General Corporate (Transactional) :
- Drafting, review and execution of corporate agreements which includes but not limited Non-Disclosure Agreements, Business Development Agreements, Memorandum of Understanding, Consultancy or Channel Partners Agreements, Corporate Restructuring Agreements, Merger/Demerger Agreements, Business Transfer Agreements, Slump Sale Agreements, IPR/Technology Sharing Agreements, Joint Venture or Consortium Agreements and any other agreements as may be required by the Company.
- Pursue to obtain requisite approvals from the competent court where merger or demerger proposed and preparation and submission requisite petitions to be filed before the court for the proposed merger/demerger.
- Provide legal opinions on the commercial issues or regulatory issues, wherever required.
- All other legal support as may be required by the Company from time to time.
Other Requirements :
- Previous experience of approx. 10+ years in a law firm or global company (with relevant experience).
- Excellent spoken and written English and Hindi. (Spanish, Italian or Japanese are a plus.)
- Admitted to practice law in India. The ideal candidate will also be U.S. or U.K trained and barred, with experience working in U.S. or U.K. firms or companies on global matters.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent legal drafting skills for global audience.
- Renewable energy sector experience is preferable.
- Ability to articulate clear advice and strategies to senior leaders and decision-makers.
- The candidate must have experience deftly balancing practical business objectives and priorities.
- Pro-active, motivated individual with a strong appetite to learn and improve daily, who would like to be part of a fast-paced growing company in one of the most rapidly developing industries.
- Critical thinker and a quick learner, with the ability to assess a situation and identify key issues that drive decisions and results.
- Well-organized and deadline driven.
- Technical understanding or experience would be an added advantage.
Qualification : LLM or other post graduate Law Degree
Experience : 10+ years