HR Executive at Bright Consultant
Views:1620 Applications:118 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Vice President - Legal/Litigation - Manufacturing Industry (15-30 yrs)
Vice President - Legal (Litigation) - Manufacturing Industry
Job Description :
- Review the Company's litigation matters and advice Management on options available. Investigate, research, analyze the legal matters and appointment of appropriate Solicitors based on their past performances.
- Liaising with Solicitors for initiating and follow-ups on legal procedures, handling civil, criminal & arbitration cases
- Review and draft responses to Legal notices received in coordination with Solicitors / Attorney to ensure that responses are filed within stipulated time frame as decided by the Court of Law. Update Management on the progress/updates for decision making and escalate urgent matters which require Board resolutions/approvals
- Meet concerned litigation parties/attorney to negotiate & settle matters amicably hence mitigating loss of time and revenue. Update Management of the proceedings and obtain approvals on proposed solutions for amicable resolution of the matter.
- Follow up for withdrawal of cases/suits and ensure complainant has been provided with solutions as committed and document the same
- Liaise with the government authorities and other statutory bodies in order to comply with rules and regulations for smooth execution of the projects. Excellent rapport with revenue and other Govt. officials in the State.
- To represent the company at meetings with external bodies to ensure that the legal aspects of any decisions are fully considered.
- Negotiate with Solicitors Firms for commercials & terms of appointment. Ensure effective cost control through hard negotiations. Monitor and manage the departmental budgets to ensure that cost is with the approved budget and the negotiated commercials are beneficial to the organizational interest