Vice President - Legal - IT - LLB (12-17 yrs)
Divisional Overview :
- Powai Legal, Compliance and Controls (- Powai LCC- ) broadly covers non-financial risk areas of Legal, Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risk in order to increase convergence and build a more robust risk and control framework. The Powai LCC teams support Powai as well as LCC teams globally to ensure effective risk management and plays an integral part in managing the legal and compliance risk of the firm.
- Powai Legal comprises of two broad functions namely Corporate Legal and Transaction Legal which entails providing advice and support on corporate and employment matters and as well as supporting businesses on transactional matters.
The Offshore legal team supports Legal teams globally on :
- Offshore Corporate and Secretarial matters, Global Markets Legal and Masters Documentation.
- Powai Compliance comprises of Core Compliance, Trade Monitoring, Electronic Communication
- Surveillance, Financial Crime Monitoring, Control Room and Employee Compliance.
- Powai Operational Risk comprises of the Core, Regional Support and Central teams to ensure embedding of the Operational Risk Framework across the firm.
Position Specifications :
Corporate Title : Vice President
Functional Title : Vice President
- Experience of 12-15 years in handling IT/non-IT projects, technology contracts cloud, IT services
Qualification : LLB
Role & Responsibilities :
- Advising, structuring and negotiating all documentation governing business and digital transformation projects, procurements, outsourcing, large scale IT and network projects.
- Responsible for driving complex software licensing and other IT arrangements and contracts for the implementation of services based on new cutting-edge and disruptive technologies, such as robotic process automation and artificial intelligence.
- Working closely with senior stakeholders to advise and support them on major cloud, IOT deals and providing commercially sound advice while mitigating risks for the firm
- Responsible to ensure adherence and escalation of data privacy requirements in connection with the projects and matters dealt with by the individual
- Advising regarding the termination of agreements/dealings of commercial contracts including disputes relating to such contracts
- Working on strategic alliances/initiatives, global/local projects and joint ventures
- Driving global Legal projects from India and working with the regional legal teams on global projects where applicable
Mindset required :
Mandatory Desired :
- Lawyer with minimum 12-15 years with specific experience in business and digital transformation projects, procurements, outsourcing, large scale IT and network projects
- Ability to work in Cross Functional teams, across multiple locations & cultures
- Sound experience in handling large legal projects, digital transformation, cloud projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks under tight timelines
- Strong strategic thinking ability
- Self-motivated, initiative, and positive personality
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Highly energetic and have ability to energize others
- Effective communicator and team player, excellent problem solving, conflict resolution skills
- Capability of thinking 'Outside The Box' with a view to improve processes
Core Competencies (Soft Skills) :
- Behavioral Aspects
- Associate Indicators
- Culture & Conduct Building Culture Diversity & Inclusion Professional Integrity Self-Awareness
- Contributes to desired culture Sets positive example Aware of different values/styles Holds high standards of behaviour Aware of own strengths/weaknesses
- Client-Centricity & Business Acumen Commerciality Client-Centricity Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Understands current market Anticipates client needs Pays attention to detail Sees problems, recommends solutions
- Strategy & Innovation Strategic Thinking & Change Decision Making & Judgement Agility
- Balances alternative views Knows when to decide/when to escalate Champions new ideas Is both disciplined and entrepreneurial Sees when to escalate
- Leadership & Collaboration Managing Talent Recognizing and Motivating Supporting, Developing & Collaborating with others Managing Conflict
- Thinks differently Balances alternative views Knows when/how to compromise Learns from experience Seeks to develop
- Communication & Connectivity Articulation & Receptiveness Impact Connectivity
- Assists in recruiting Gives credit Builds productive working relationships Provides constructive, timely and specific feedback
- Communication & Influence Articulation and Receptiveness Impact Connectivity
- Adjusts style to suit topic Balances listening/talking Communicates with clarity and consideration Is a proven and credible resource Questions to understand others- views Builds internal contact network Willingly effectively works across teams
- Execution & Delivery Driving Performance Execution-Focus Planning & Organising Adaptability
- Demonstrates accountability/commitment Takes on challenging assignments Executes priority actions on-time Keeps stakeholders updated Manages expectations Persists when confronted with resistance
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.