Engagement Manager at Bay Steeds Associates
Views:767 Applications:175 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:127
Vice President - Legal - Financial Services (8-17 yrs)
Head of Law Department is responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Legal department and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks providing legal advice and guidance on all kinds of legal matters of the Company ensuring compliance of laws and regulations for all operations in the organization.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS / BASIC FUNCTIONS:
LEADERSHIP ROLE To Provide leadership and ensure efficient and effective management of staff and resources in the Legal department.
- To prepare a comprehensive chart of the existing legal cases, monitor and update the same on day to day basis.
- To Study contracts and legal documents to make sure that it is in the organization's interest
- To Handle existing as well as future lawsuits of the Company
- To Study lawsuits filed by an individual against the Company or by the Company and find appropriate methods to save and ensure minimum loss to the Company
- To Secure the Company and it's all possessions from any illegal problems
- To document and keep all the legal documents securely
- To monitor each case filed in court from the date of complaint till recovery of the amount through court or otherwise and arrest the delays at each stage
- To take daily reporting from Legal Admin and other staffs of the department,
- To keep control on issuance of Summons & warrants
- To check & sign all notices/complaints/vakalatnamas/affidavits
- To draft letters/replies to customers/all correspondence
- To monitor last dates of Notices/complaints/affidavits and to ensure that all are filed on time
- To educate customers on the legal repercussions & convince them to settle the cases at the earliest
- To get all applications/verifications/affidavits made and sent on time
- To schedule legal meetings once a month and to prepare MIS for submission to management
- To review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- To review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS TO BE DEVELOPED FOR THE JOB :
- Strong knowledge about corporate laws and regulations
- Excellent watching and logical abilities
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Must be able to work under high stress and save the company from legal difficulties
- Must be well organized, and accurate in work
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality about all legal matters