Vice President - Legal Entity Controller - FC (10-20 yrs)
Vice President - Legal Entity Controller - FC
- This role is responsible for managing the LEC function and related businesses and products and driving resolution of key business issues.
Additionally, the role will also be responsible for managing the FC wide Projects including the following
- Ownership of accounting and month end process for own specialty technical area of focus from an FC perspective (i.e. ensure initial review of month end reports is of sufficient quality to ensure minimal subsequent review points)
- Stakeholder relationship management
- SOX compliance and Management Self-Assessment Testing
- Maintain Issues logs
- Standard Journal and Allocation Review
- Understand underlying control frameworks which support the Corporate Banking SBU within range of responsibilities
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for Financial Control Team
- Driver for continuous improvement of the control environment within Banking products Financial Control
What will you be doing?
Main accountabilities as follows :
- Provide expert reference for customers for areas of focus; providing expert help and guidance on a wide range of complex and difficult subjects.
- By application of their professional knowledge and experience, understand the potential impact of decisions on other areas and interpret requirements
- Act as a centre of excellence by providing in-depth, specialist knowledge and handling difficult issues that have been escalated.
- Investigates and resolves the more complex problems, issues and queries, liaising with customers, suppliers and other experts, as appropriate
- Ensuring all processes are completed within the relevant timescales and service levels are maintained
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and reporting requirements as they arise
- Opine on technical queries
- Helping in closure of books of accounts
- Provide accurate and timely financial analysis on a wide range of complex technical/business issues in connection with jobholder's area of responsibility, e.g. variances, trends, impact of change initiatives, impact of new accounting regulations and how to account for new areas/ types of business
What we're looking for :
- Fair knowledge of Mortgage LEC function along with handling projects including month close processes, account reconciliation and substantiation, etc.
- Fair knowledge of recent acquisition transactions in Mortgage area
- Fair knowledge of IFRS3 acquisition accounting along with securitization implementation experience
- Understanding of end to end control environment around Bank's businesses.
- Requires knowledge of system architecture and project methodology
- Capability to understand and comprehend requirements and converting them into implementable modules per project requirements
- Strong financial background experience including exposure to IFRSs and external/regulatory reporting or Financial Control function for large scale organization
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both formal and informal settings & ability to interact with the global team
- Delivered or working on transformation initiatives
- Accounting qualification - CPA, ACA or ACCA
- The jobholder must have substantial directly relevant experience in a technical financial environment
Skills that will help you in the role :
- Project management skills
- Good influencing and negotiation skills and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills and able to prioritize
- Ability to drive the team's agenda in large forums spread across various locations.
- Understanding of SAP/BCE and other reporting tools
- Experience of working with Senior Management including Senior Executive level.
- Experience in change and transformation projects.