Director - Operations at Core Edge Solutions
Views:2614 Applications:123 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
Vice President - Legal - Energy Sector - LLB (18-28 yrs)
We are on the process look out VP Legal Delhi. I am sharing the JD for your reference.
1. JOB PURPOSE
(Briefly describe the general purpose of the position or its significance from the organisation's point of view and how it contributes to the overall mission/objective of the organization).
Responsible for managing all litigations, regulatory and contracts related matter pertaining to Gas & Liquid Assets and Renewable Assets in the Energy Sector (across all plants/projects including regulatory bodies) to maximize/obtain favourable results as well as minimize the negative effects on the business.
2. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
(List the responsibilities/duties associated with the job. For each responsibility/duty listed, give the factors on which an individual's performance is judged).
Accountabilities Key Performance Indicators
- Taking lead in conducting pending legal and regulatory litigation involving Gas, liquid and Renewable Assets pending before various courts and regulatory forums.
- Taking lead in conducting pending disputed involving Gas, liquid and Renewable Assets pending before arbitral forums.
- Strategizing and advising management on pending and potential litigation issue pertaining to Gas, Liquid and Renewable Assets
- Strategizing and advising management on issue such as choice of counsel, litigation cost & time pertaining to all litigation
- Decision making role on counsel and forum identification
- Drafting, vetting, reviewing, filing and conducting the matters Timely completion of process and success in matters
- Meeting and briefing different counsels for case discussions and hearing to arrive at optimal solutions
- Leading in conferences, briefing, meeting along with the business team/s
- Conducting negotiation
- Processing of bills/invoices Timely logistical support
Contract: Drafting, Vetting & Negotiation:
- Taking lead in drafting vetting of various commercial contracts such as EPC, PPA, O&M, SPA, Financing contracts(project finance, working capital, cost overrun), NDA, MoUs, land related contracts etc. etc..
- Taking lead in negotiations pertaining to various commercial contracts, financing
- Advising and flagging apparent business / commercial /legal risks for business teams
- Extending continuous support to the business team towards development of new projects such as LNG project, Solar plants etc.
Timely and accurate support and advice
Merger & Acquisition Space:
- Taking lead in due diligence, documentation for acquisition of companies / assets
- Taking lead in due diligence for selling power assets (viz. Barge and Liquid assets) etc.
MIS & Reporting:
- To oversee and finalize weekly, fortnightly, monthly and quarterly reporting to Management regarding status litigation and its future strategy
- Providing inputs for various MIS templates
- Ensure timely updation of online Litigation Management System
- To present important litigation and contracts before the Board Of Directors companies pertaining to gas, liquid and renewable assets Timely and accurate generation of MIS reports
Developing internal stakeholders- confidence:
- Advice to business teams on legal issues
- Providing written legal opinions and strategic inputs to internal teams Timely and accurate support and advice
Training & Development:
- Conduct periodic training to junior staffs of legal department and other cross functional teams Periodic planned training sessions
- Environment scanning for latest case-law and statutes/amendments specific to the Sector Continuous process, reports and its analysis
(Describe the job roles that you interact with inside or outside the company to enable you to meet your accountabilities)
- Roles you need to interact with outside the organization to enable success in your day to day work Internal - Roles you need to interact with inside the organization to enable success in your day to day work
- External counsel
- Project Team
- Senior Counsel in specific matters
- F&A Team
- Counterparts (in-house counsel) of other corporate houses
- Secretarial Team
- Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Trade bodies, Govt. departments, Discoms officials, on need basis
- Commercial Team
(List the significant numerical data which will reflect the scope and scale of activities concerning this job).
(These should be quantifiable numerical amounts like annual budgets, project costs, annual revenue, purchase value etc.).
- In -charge of litigation budget cost centre of around Rs. 3 Crores per annum.
- Defending claims of around Rs. 1200 Cr pending before various courts and regulatory commissions
- Fighting for claims of around Rs. 1000 Cr pending before various courts and regulatory commissions
(Indication of some of the significant volumes associated with the job like number in team/ staff handled etc).
- Reduction in litigation expenses by in-house activities
- Exploring alternative dispute resolution methods with specific focus on optimizing costs, time, resources, etc
5. SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
(State the minimum acceptable proficiency for this job which best indicates the education and/or experience requirements of this job and not the incumbent).
- Degree in Law (LLB)
Relevant and total years of Experience
- 15 years- PQE of which atleast 70% in regulatory and commercial litigation pertaining to power sector.
- Exposure in handling M&A space, due diligence, PPA, O&M Contracts, Financing Agreements, EPC Contracts, Land related documents etc.
Core Edge Solutions LLP
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.