Co-Founder at Women Entrepreneur Network
Views:2685 Applications:194 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:165
Vice President - Legal - eCommerce/FMCG (12-18 yrs)
Location : Delhi
- The position would be heading the Secretarial, Corporate Legal and Compliance Function, responsible to protect the company's reputation and compliance risk.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and settling legal and transactional documents & agreements; Preparing Contracts / Agreements. Preparing Manuals / Policy Documents as may be required.
- Coordinate with outside Counsel in case any matters are referred to them. Managing Corporate Law, Secretarial, Corporate Governance & Compliance activities.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations as well as adherence to internal group policies and procedures. Undertake research activities to provide inputs on legal matters.
- Develop effective relationship and engagement with internal stakeholders, international stake holders, clients including international clients, business associates and other function groups.
- Advising on corporate legal and compliance matters. Independent charge of the Secretarial, Corporate legal and Compliance function, responsible to protect the reputation and compliance risk.
- Responsible for complying with all the applicable provisions under the Companies Act, SEBI norms etc. Responsible to protect the interest of the company, stakeholders and directors by complying with the requirements of applicable statues and monitor the compliance with guidelines applicable to the company.
- Ensuring that the Company is on track with the responsibilities under Company Laws. Ensuring that the returns are filed within timelines and registers are maintained.
- Ensuring that the agreements are vetted thoroughly in the interest of the Company and response are given within agreed period. Coordinating with lawyers and counsels for notices, replies, petitions, etc.
- Responsible for Litigation and Keeping track of legal cases and coordinating for hearings.
- Managing the team
Critical Skills Required :
- Sound knowledge of Company Law, compliance and Secretarial Practice.
- MUST BE WORKING OR WORKED WITH A LISTED COMPANY.
Total experience : 12-18 yrs
Responsible for : Group legal/ ligation and secretarial compliance
Reports to : Group CEO