National Payments Corporation of India - Vice President - Legal (15-22 yrs)
Experience: Minimum post qualification experience of 15 plus years in relevant area with Experience in B2B and B2C financial institutions, fintech companies and credit institutions.
Legal Advisory for both domestic and international markets on broad range like tax, commercial, new acquisition and savings, JV, merger and acquisition, dispute resolution, litigation, employment, ethics, operation, project management, privacy, data protection, fraud, cybercrime including communication, facilities and real estate Authoring, drafting, reviewing and negotiating, RFP/contracts with views of contractual, commercial & legal risks.
- Assisting the business with deal structuring and terms from a legal and compliance perspective
- Advising management and other functional partners on legal and regulatory issues generally instructing and working with external counsel, reviewing and negotiating legal opinions and supervising the legal due diligence involving the business and transactions.
- Develop & implement the IP strategy for the company's proprietary research & product development programs. Prepare an estimated yearly budget for all IP matters, including maintenance of the patent, and preparation & prosecution of patent applications.
- Establishing and maintaining the global and local compliance processes, governance and operating framework.
- Leading the Compliance function by supporting business in all compliance related matters in areas of compliance risk management, policies and procedures, training and communication, advise and support, whistleblowing channels, compliance controls, monitoring and compliance reviews, compliance audits, investigation, consequences for misconduct, remediation, and case tracking.
- Providing legal analysis in relation to new business initiatives and products.
- Participating in product and industry working group calls and meetings
- Assisting in the review and development of legal forms, policies, procedures, and systems participating actively in product legal department initiatives including regulatory review and other projects Required
- Mitigating compliance risks, implementing the legal and regulatory risk compliance program and to ensure that the NPCI complies with local and international payments legislation and regulation.
- Identifying legal issues and risks that may affect NPCI business (and ensuring that Management team is properly advised concerning those issues).
- Providing legal guidance relating to the formulation and implementation of NPCI strategies and policies.
Desirable Knowledge/ Skills
- Expertise in local and international legislative initiatives like Data Protection, Sanctions, FATF, and AML.
- Expertise in payment regulations (MC/Visa/AmEx) and general knowledge of PCI-DSS
- Extensive experience in dealing with regulators and supervisors
- Experience with M&A deals
- Good drafting, negotiation, and legal analytical skills
- Able to appreciate and grasp concepts of law from jurisdictions other than India
- Ability to identify and escalate issues in a timely and appropriate manner
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and respond to business needs and goals
- Ability to adapt and apply legal skills in new businesses and subjects in which lawyer may not have expertise
1) Excellent planning and organizing skills
2) Ability to handle emergency situations.
3) Decision-making skills
4) Good interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
5) Good communication skills (written & spoken)
6) Past experience in people and resource management
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.