Vice President - IT Audit - BFSI (10-15 yrs)
Major Duties :
1. Functions in various roles on audit engagements, including leading audits, staffing audits and providing consulting or oversight functions based on the needs of the team.
2. Provides technical expertise to the IT Audit Team and uses sound audit practices.
3. Maintains familiarization and technical expertise with the assigned business unit(s) including organizational structure, personnel, activities and products, new product development, financial performance and risk and problem areas.
4. Responsible for staying current on regulatory rules and changes within the industry.
5. Interacts and partners with Senior and Executive Management to understand the risks within the business, business changes and other significant events that could significantly affect the business and/or the audit plan.
6. Manages and performs special projects as assigned.
7. Participates in meetings with business unit to discuss audit results. Communicates with partners at all levels, developing and presenting recommendations on operations and controls for the business unit.
8. During audit engagements, assigns work to auditors, sets priorities and monitors activity.
9. Conducts the performance management process for direct reports. Oversees the performance management process and ensures that Audit Managers are identifying training and development needs for their respective audit teams.
10. Utilizes understanding of various Corporate units to ensure operations, services, and systems have proper audit controls in place (i.e., design of the control environment).
11. Reviews audit work including work paper documentation, findings and recommendations and the final report to ensure appropriate adherence to the Corporation/Department's Policies and Standards and ensuring work is performed within established timeframes.
12. Applies analytical skills to review information and determine potential control weaknesses.
Knowledge & Skills:
1. Knowledge of auditing in the financial services industry and basic accounting principles and related work experience
2. Professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA, ACA, ACCA) and/or an MBA along with demonstrated technical abilities in select areas (e.g., accounting, regulatory compliance, etc.) are preferred
3. Strong analytical, leadership, and organizational skills are needed
4. Strong report writing and work paper documentation skills